Had moved to Lastpass. Now planning to come back to 1Password.

Options

1Password has passwords and notes from when I used to use 1Password. I moved those to Lastpass.
Since then I created more passwords in Lastpass.
Now I want to move to 1Password.

What is the best way to import my password files? I do not, ideally, want to delete the 1Password old files, because the import from Lastpass will not have any creation date associated with it. So the key question is whether 1Password will be able to merge identical Logins.

Or would you advise that I clean out 1Password. And then import Lastpass csv file.

Either way, would appreciate if support can share some steps with me or point me to a link that has the steps.

Thank you!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome home, @dan21! :)

You could try both ways, but it depends on what your end goal is. It sounds like you are aware of your options. I would recommend simply creating a backup of your current 1Password data (File > Backup) then you can either start fresh or import into the existing data file. Presuming the data you import is current and up to date, if it were me I would value that (and not having to sort out duplicates) much more than retaining any creation date on items. I would start fresh and import into a new data file. But you can do that, and if you don't like it you can revert to the backup you just created and try it the other way. :)

1Password will import the CSV file using File > Import > CSV or Delimited Text.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

• dan21
    dan21
    Community Member
    Options

I decided to forgo the date change field. Deleted all the 1Pass logins and imported from Lastpass. Worked.
    Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.