Multiple Vaults - improvements

Options
m_w
m_w
Community Member

Hi - I've been looking forward to the multiple vaults feature but had expected something a little different. I had hoped the vaults would be stored in separate keychains to that I could have a private and shared keychain. I would have wanted to share the shared keychain with my wife, for example. But the current feature keeps all data in the same keychain.

Also, I find it frustrating of having to copy each item individually from one fault to another. It would be good if you could do that for multiple items or even folders. And I would prefer if you could move items not just of copy them.

Cheers
Michael

Comments

• Hi Michael,

You can do that by setting up the sync options for each vault. When you configure the secondary vault to sync to Dropbox or to a Folder, it'll create a .agilekeychain file in the Dropbox folder or your preferred folder. Your wife can then open that file when it is synced to her computer and 1Password 4 will prompt to create it as a secondary vault and will sync it between you guys.

We're also working on an update to start adopting our newer .opvault format for Dropbox/Folder sync.

Also, the ability to select multiple items to copy/move to a secondary vault is on our list, we'll see what we can do in a future update.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi m w,

Thanks for the feedback! Please note that the multiple vaults that you see today is really just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what we would like to have available in the future. I certainly can't discuss our plans in much more detail than that, but there is a lot we want to do here!

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT and Megan

MikeT - I didn't realise that I can configure the vault individually and I guess this is related to another post talking about making this clearer in the prefs (see discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16236/vaults-feedback-suggestion#latest)

Megan - certainly looking forward to more features linked to the vaults :-)

Cheers
    Michael

• Hi Michael,

On behalf of Megan and myself, you're welcome.

Yep, we'll emphasize more about what you can do with multiple vaults in the near future and provide more tips/tricks for it. As Megan said, 1Password 4.0 is just the tip of the iceberg. Now, it'll get more interesting as we continue to refine the features with more powerful workflows. .

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

The [present] inability to share multiple vaults when using iCloud sync is suggested in the vault sharing documentation but is notably absent from the Sync guide. I think that it ought to be flagged in the Sync guide too.

This discussion has been closed.