No sites autofilling in Firefox 24 with new version 4

Options
Squiddly
Squiddly
Community Member

I am new to these discussions. I just upgraded from 1Password 3 to 4 and I thought it went OK. I am running FF 24, on Mountain Lion. 1PW3 worked fine. Now, when I use the command/+ keystrokes, some websites do nothing. Others open the "Mini" and when I click on the right link, the password does not fill in. Do you need more info in order to help me? I have tried all of this in Safari on the same computer and it works, so it appears to be something related to FF. Thanks.

Comments

• Squiddly
    Squiddly
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I meant command and "\" keystroke combination, not "+". Also I did d/l my update from the Mac App Store this morning.

• Squiddly
    Squiddly
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I don't see how to edit posts here. Anyway, I put 1PW4 on my MacBook Pro, also running FF 24, and Mountain Lion, and it worked properly (the autofilling I am inquiring about above). That was NOT an upgrade, I did not have 1PW3 on that machine before. So maybe the issue is a combination of the upgrade and FF? I did try disabling all of my other FF add-ons, have restarted FF several times, have rebooted, etc. all to no avail.

• Squiddly
    Squiddly
    Community Member
    Options

All righty! I actually uninstalled and reinstalled FF 24 on my iMac (the machine with the issue) and now 1PW4 seems to be working. I'm also synching with Dropbox. Haven't tried iCloud yet but don't want to push my luck.

So my advice is, if you try restarting FF, try rebooting, nothing works, try uninstalling/reinstalling FF. Good luck.

• pbinderup
    pbinderup
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem with Safari and Chrome for me.

• Hi there,

@squiddly, I'm glad you got it resolved. It sounds like the profile was cluttered and had some things that'd interfere with 1Password extension.

@pbinderup, Do you use Sophos, VPN, Proxy, or an anti-malware solution on your Mac?

• pbinderup
    pbinderup
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

Yes I found that to cause the issue - just logged on this morning to update my comment.
    Would be nice if 1Password could include a test during install, and point to FAQ or known issues if install test fails.

• Hi @pbinderup,

It does, here's what it looks like:

We're working on figuring out why it doesn't do it when it can't retrieve the filling command from 1Password mini. When we do, we'll try to link to a doc with list of known problematic apps.

In your case, what was the issue?

• pbinderup
    pbinderup
    Community Member
    Options

@miket

No I did not get that popup window. When I pressed cmd+/ nothing happend, When I clicked the updated extension icon (old extension deleted), I could browse the passwords, selecting one did not paste the content.

• Hi @pbinderup,

Thanks, and what was the cause behind it in your case? I should've ask this at the same time as the other question.

This discussion has been closed.