Multiple Sync

Options
tiantai
tiantai
Community Member

In 1Pass for iOS, we have the option to sync to BOTH iCloud and DropBox. In 1Pass for Mac, it seems that we can only sync either to one or the other, not both. Is that correct?

Comments

• Eduardo Martinez
    Eduardo Martinez
    Community Member
    Options

I wonder why they would allow both types of Sync for iOS, that means the keychain would be stored in two places, not sure how that would be beneficial

• Hi @tiantai, that's correct.

We are planning to keep it consistent between iOS and Mac, and likely to turn off the support in the iOS app as well to keep it one sync method at a time.

@Eduardo_martinez, for many, it means two services to maintain the same data for backups. If one service goes down, at least you can still use the other one.

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    edited October 2013
    Options

I do like being able to sync to two different places (Dropbox and iCloud) at the same time. Like you said, it allows me to access the keychain in two different ways when one service is down or inaccessible for whatever other reason.

Instead of turning off support for multiple Sync in iOS, please add multiple Sync in the Mac version.

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

I want to make another clearer plug for having multiple sync for 1Password be continued:
    • ON my work machine, I have 1Password sync to the iCloud file because I don't want this file to reside on my work machine, a machine that can be retracted by my university any time.
    • Yet, having it in DropBox also allows me to access 1Password anywhere. So being able to sync to iCloud and Dropbox at the same time is really important and useful.

• Hi @tiantai,

We understand, we really do but at the same time, we need to be able to provide a smooth syncing experience that doesn't cause problems for many customers. Both services don't work the same way, which is causing some of the issues.

Hopefully, we can maintain the multiple services in the future but right now, we're leaning on only supporting one at a time.

This discussion has been closed.