Sync doesn't work. How long until my data is available in iCloud?

Options
Mr. Laser Beam
Mr. Laser Beam
Community Member

I'm trying to turn on iCloud syncing on my iOS devices. It's not working. :(

I have Documents & Data enabled on every device I own - my Mac plus all my iOS devices. I have iCloud syncing enabled on my Mac version of 1P, and also on both my iOS devices (iPad and iPhone).

However, when I fire up 1P on the iOS devices, it says it can't find any data in iCloud. Why is this? How long is it supposed to take before the data will show up?

Comments

• djinibaby
    djinibaby
    Community Member
    Options

same here, i have 1password working on my mac

the data are in the cloud but 1password on my ipad says i should "enable icloud syncing"

Documents & Data syncing is enabled on my ipad

what´s wrong?

• Adwiz
    Adwiz
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. My Mac Pro is syncing to iCloud and everything seems fine. My iOS device is reading and syncing to iCloud, but my MacBook says it can't find any data in iCloud.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there, since I'm not sure that you are all experiencing the same issue, I'll start with our basic troubleshooting steps.

There's a few common places where things can go wrong but it's hard to know which is affecting you so I'm simply going to cover all the bases and describe each one.

First and foremost, let's start with the easiest thing which is to simply verify that iCloud is enabled on all devices. I know it sounds simple but sometimes iCloud can get disabled so it's best to start with this simple check before digging in deeper. On iOS tap on Settings, go to the Sync section, and verify iCloud is enabled as shown here:

http://bit.ly/15Dzanb

On Mac, go to 1Password > Preferences > Sync and verify that iCloud is enabled as shown here:

http://bit.ly/15Dz9Qn

Assuming iCloud is enabled everywhere, the next step is to try restarting your Mac and iOS devices. I know it sounds odd to restart Macs and Apple devices but it's possible for iCloud's librariand process to get into a bad state and the easiest way to fix it is to reboot. To restart Mac, select the Apple > Restart menu item from the main menu bar. On iOS, follow this guide from Apple:

http://bit.ly/15DzceR

After rebooting everything, see if your items start syncing. If your data doesn't sync, try creating a new Login on your Mac called "TestForAgileBits" with some sample information. Make sure you create it on the Mac as we may need to do some debugging there. For example, here's a screenshot of a Login I created to test with:

http://bit.ly/15DzbYm

Wait a few minutes and then start 1Password on your iOS device (don't forget to reboot first). Unlock 1Password, wait 1 minute, and then go to the Categories tab, tap on Logins, and see if you can find the TestForAgileBits item you created. For example, here's what it would look like if the sync completed successfully:

http://bit.ly/15Dz9j5

Please let us know if you're still experiencing difficulties after trying these steps!

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

It's not just that the data won't sync, it's that I can't even get it to START syncing. Even after restarting everything, the iOS version of 1P still refuses to see anything in iCloud. It says that it can't find any data.

• Bitflipped
    Bitflipped
    Community Member
    Options

I too am experiencing this problem. I have 2 macs and 2 iOS devices. Both macs and iPhone are syncing well via iCloud. My iPad refuses to start the process. Data Unavailable - No data found on iCloud. I have followed the troubleshooting guide. Turned off Documents & Data, rebooted. Reinstalled 1Password and combinations of these. The problem remains "Data Unavailable - No data found on iCloud"

If it helps I was using Dropbox up until 1Password v4 (MAS) was available. I then switched over to iCloud.

• macgabe
    macgabe
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting the same as Laser Beam and Bitflipped - and a similar but different problem with Dropbox

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mr. Laser Beam and @Bitflipped

If your devices are having trouble seeing anything in iCloud, please double-check that you are logged in to the device with the same iCloud account as on your computer.

@macgabe, step 1 for you is similar: please confirm that Dropbox is running and logged in to the same account as on your main computer. :)

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

I only have one iCloud account.

I made sure that iCloud was completely enabled on all of my devices. The Mac version of 1P will happily sync to iCloud, but once it does, iOS versions still won't see any of its data there.

• Bitflipped
    Bitflipped
    Community Member
    Options

I also have the single iCloud account, all other iCloud apps are working correctly across all devices. Eg Safari iCloud tabs, Calendar events etc.

Interestingly the iPad (the "problem" device) shows 1password data in Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage. It shows the same data usage as the iPhone, which is working correctly.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mr. Laser Beam and @Bitflipped,

I think we're going to be able to help you more efficiently via email, so I'd like to ask you each to send in a Diagnostic Report for your main computer.

MAC, 1Password 3: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

MAC, 1Password 4: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

WINDOWS: Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.