Bugs and missing features

Options
derreckx
derreckx
Community Member
  1. How can I move items between vaults?
  2. How can I access vaults on iOS?
  3. How can I set custom field type to password?
  4. How can I reorder custom field section?
  5. How can I remove single item from trash?
  6. Are you planning to introduce some sort of text formatting to notes?
  7. Are there any plans to introduce custom categories with item templates?
  8. Can there be a joint category for passports, ssns and drivers license? I have only one of each, I don't need separate category for each one...

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @derreckx. Thanks for your questions about 1P4!

1. Currently items can be copied one-at-a-time between vaults using the Item > Share > _VaultName menu or using the share icon under an item's title in the details view. A future update will add the ability to copy/move multiple items between vaults.

2. Multiple vault support for iOS will be added in a future update. We don't have a current estimate of when that'll happen.

3. From Known Issues:

• When adding custom fields, only text type is currently supported. This means you cannot choose a password type to make the field concealable like the main password fields at this time.

This will be supported with a future update.

4. Reordering sections is currently unsupported in 1P4 for Mac. And there may still be issues with reordering fields within sections. Again, a future update will address both of these.

5. Single items currently can't be removed from Trash. We have an enhancement request for this in our internal tracker.

6. Please see this topic and the one it refers to about text markup in notes:

Bold font markup in notes

7. Custom categories and templates have been commonly requested and discussed. Please refer to other topics for possible plans for that, e.g. found in custom categories search results.

8. That one's a bit of a puzzler. :) Since each category has predefined fields/sections, some unique and some overlapping, I'm not sure how you'd like them combined. Sounds like this will best be accomplished using custom categories/templates in the future. For now you could create a Smart Folder that matches items from different categories of your choice. It's a bit awkward because there's currently no way to match by category (I'll submit an internal request for that) and not every category (e.g. Social Security Numbers) has unique field names to match. Tagging each item in those different categories and matching the tag would work, remembering to tag newly-created items.

I hope those answers are helpful to you.

• derreckx
    derreckx
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the answers. Unfortunately I need to express my disappointment with you development pace. You introduced custom fields in iOS app around a year ago if I'm not mistaken. I instantly started using those, merging some of my passwords into one entry and... I couldn't access this data on my desktop app until the release of 1P4 couple of days ago! Now it's the other way round with other features like vaults that I can't access on my iOS app. There are many other things here that make this version more like a beta release at most.

Your apps aren't cheap? I would rather pay that amount for a feature-rich and polished app.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @derreckx,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Believe me, I do understand your frustration. I'm definitely not good at being patient, myself: I see something cool, and I want it all, right now! But we're a small development team, and a lot of these shiny new features require months and months of back-end development. It just isn't always possible to wait and release everything for all platforms at once (1Password is available for a lot of platforms). We also want to make sure these features are as polished as possible before they get released into the wild. :)

That being said, if you feel that the app in its current form is not worth your investment, we will of course honour our 30-day guarantee and refund your purchase.

This discussion has been closed.