1Password 4 (MAS version) crashes when unlocking vault, making app useless

Options
kevwil
kevwil
Community Member

Two desktop machines and two iOS devices are sync'd using Dropbox. I updated the laptop first then the desktop later that evening. The iOS version on my phone still works, but both desktop installations crash when unlocking the vault. This makes it impossible to restore the vault or access any data or anything. I hope an update comes out soon - I have almost 500 logins stored in there and I use 1Password probably every 10 minutes or so throughout the day. Having my passwords inaccessible is more than a minor inconvenience.

Comments

• kevwil
    kevwil
    Community Member
    Options

• Thank you for the screenshot!

I sent you a private message to get more information.

• kevwil
    kevwil
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem Thanks!

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

That is the exact same crash I am having. At least you got a quick answer. I seem to have fixed my issue by placing the keychain in a 1Password folder, in my DropBox folder.

• Thank you for your help, @VirgilBoy!

Where was it located before?

• kevwil
    kevwil
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem

I tried what @VirgilBoy suggested, and that reminds me that I can't change my Sync preferences. My 1Password.agilekeychain file is in the root of the Dropbox folder, where 1Password originally created it.

• roustem
    edited October 2013
    Options

@kevwil

The sync settings can only be changed when 1Password is unlocked.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

I first created the 1Password folder in DropBox, then moved my keychain into that folder. This finally allowed 1PW to NOT crash, then I could alter the Dropbox synch. I didn't use the delete data option because I wasn't sure that was the right choice.

• kevwil
    kevwil
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem

This has worked for me. Create a "1Password" folder inside Dropbox, move the 1Password.agilekeychain file (folder, actually) into that folder, and start 1Password. It automatically found the file without me having to change my Sync settings, and now it works just fine on this laptop. I'll have to try the desktop later tonight to see if it works there as well.

Thanks @VirgilBoy for the hints!

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

No problem...I am so happy that my issue seems to be resolved (and given you some help) and Dropbox synch looks to be working at this point.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kevwil,

Thanks for letting us know you're all sorted out! If you have any further questions, we're here for you :)

• rob73
    rob73
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this problem, too. Unfortunately none of the above solutions are helping. I've also posted 'helper quitting' in the forum but no responses as yet :(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @rob73.

Please see @Megan's reply in the separate Helper quitting topic you created. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.