Right click menu not working properly

Options
David Cher
David Cher
Community Member

after upgrading to 1password 4 , when i tried to right click the login items does not show under the 1password ?

Comments

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member
    Options

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi David,

I apologize, but I'm not quite understanding your issue. Are you right-clicking on login items in the main 1Password app or in the extension?

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member
    Options

on the 1password 3.0 when i right clicked on the web site where i need to login , there should be login name below the 1password word as shown in the screenshot above. i will just need to click on it and the details will be auto filled .

• Reese
    Reese
    Community Member
    Options

I have to agree with David. I'm missing the ability to right-click and select the login. It's available from Mini, but not from the context menu. I didn't realize how often I used this until it wasn't there!

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member
    Options

any updates on this one ?

• Hi David,

I am not sure we can do this easily in the new extension.

In 1Password 3, all browser extension code was created in JavaScript and it was running in the browser. It had some benefits (including being able to add items to the menu of some browsers) and but it also had many disadvantages.

We'll see what we can do to get this feature back but it is not something that can be done in a couple of days.

• Popsarmchair
    Popsarmchair
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

I also miss this feature - I used right click a lot. Roustem, I'm glad you are 'seeing what you can do to get the feature back' as I miss this a great deal. Any update for us? Many thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Popsarmchair,

Thanks for checking in on us! As you can probably imagine, we've all been a bit busy since the launch of 1Password 4. There have been a few bugs that have kept our developers particularly busy lately, but as these bugs get squashed, we'll be able to start looking at implementing new features. We really appreciate your patience as we work to get all caught up here :)

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

Have I missed the point? If I click on the word "1Password" in the right-click context menu on a web page, the relevant login(s) is (are) available on the mini app window which appears at the cursor position. I'd assumed they were no longer listed at the top level because some users (mainly developers) had complained that their right-click context menus were getting too crowded.

• Popsarmchair
    Popsarmchair
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Megan, thanks for your response. I have realised that the right click issue was with my mouse settings, not with 1P. Sorry.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Oxon,

The behaviour of this menu is slightly different in 1Password 4 than it was in 1Password 3. In 1Password 3, logins would be available directly through a sub-menu. Because we've completely re-written the architecture of the extension for 1Password 4, clicking on the 1Password entry in the context menu will now open 1Password Mini and allow you to select your login through there.

Hi @Popsarmchair,

I'm glad to hear you got things straightened out :)

This discussion has been closed.