Mac Update to 4.0.5 has deleted all my customised icons!!!!

Options
jamiemortimer
jamiemortimer
Community Member

Seriously guys, I was a huge fan of 1password, and since you're update to v4 for mac I've had nothing but problems, followed by sync issues with iOS.

Following your previous update to iOS that fixed the sync issues, things have been smooth sailing, then you release the update today that is supposed to fix loads of bugs and all my customised icons/logo for every login have gone!!!

I'm seriously thinking of packing it in with agile bits, which is a massive shame, but the software is now becoming more of a hassle than a useful tool.

Please can you explain why the update has caused this to suddenly happen??

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @jamiemortimer,

I do apologize about what you're doing through. When you say customized icons, do you mean the ones you dragged into your icons or are you referring to the Rich Icons that are downloaded from our image service? There is a reason for the latter.

What happened is that there was a change made to SSL certificate used by CloudFront, which is what our image service and the 1Password apps use for the Rich Icons feature. That change broke 1Password apps' ability to pull icons from our image service securely. This change came after we've already submitted 4.0.5 to MAS (a week ago, Apple approved it today) and this also affected our iOS app along with the website version of 1Password.

We've already fixed this on our backend but unfortunately, the change requires the apps to be updated. We've already issued the beta update today for the website version, which is now working and we will be working on new updates for the MAS and iOS to include this new fix.

However, it shouldn't be messing with the custom icons, since they are stored within your data file. Can you tell me if you see any errors in Console when you open 1Password?

• jamiemortimer
    jamiemortimer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there Mike,

Appreciate the quick response. After reading your reply, I checked back over my logins, and as you mentioned, it was mostly icons that have been auto populated. However there is definitely a handful of rich icons I had changed myself that are now blank. These may have been ones that were previously auto populated, and I then changed, either way they are now gone?

As you can appreciate, when any data starts disappearing from an app such as yours when the security of data is of the upmost importance, suddenly losing stuff upon relaunch was not particularly reassuring to say the least.

I'm afraid I am uncertain if the feed coming up in console is directly applicable to the launch of 1password, although there is definitely activity. If you could let me know what information would be helpful I can send it.

I just hope these bugs are corrected soon, and that I will hold off future updates until I know they're safe to install.

Thanks

• jamiemortimer
    jamiemortimer
    Community Member
    Options

Also is it possible to have betas install instead of my mac app store purchased version?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

@jamiemortimer

Sure, it is. Please see this topic in re to making the transition in license types. I am partial to #10 but thats just me. ;))

This is the help document on the process once you are ready to proceed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @jamiemortimer. I hope @thightower's helpful answer to your question about beta installation is all the information you'll need. :)

This discussion has been closed.