No Check for Updates

Options
kbrown
kbrown
Community Member

It seems to me that it would be nice to have a Check for Updates menu item similar to a lot of other programs, in order to check if you are up to date.

Comments

• kbrown
    kbrown
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, that would be nice. My Version 4.0.8 (408001) menu on 10.9, has nothing between Preferences... and Install browser Extensions...

• kbrown
    kbrown
    Community Member
    Options

How do i add a screenshot like in the message above?

• @kbrown If you are using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, there won't be a Check for Updates option in the menu. The Mac App Store handles the updates, so you can check for updates there. Or in Mavericks you can turn on automatic updates and you won't have to worry about checking. :)

• kbrown
    kbrown
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, that explains it. Thx. I don't see how to turn on automatic check for update in 1Password Preferences. I don't want automatic updates for everything. And i just want a check, then manually decide whether or not to update.

• @kbrown Automatic updates in Mavericks are a system setting, not in 1Password. You can find the option in System Preferences > App Store.

You can check/uncheck install app updates. This will apply to all Mac App Store apps, not just 1Password.

• kbrown
    kbrown
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I was looking for specific control for 1Password.

• @kbrown Not a way to specify a different setting for 1Password from the Mac App Store. Not sure why you want a different setting for 1Password, but a solution would be to switch from the MAS to the AgileBits website version - then you'll have the Check for Updates menu option. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @kbrown.

Looks like @JasperP has already helpfully answered all of your questions except:

How do i add a screenshot like in the message above?

1. First create one, of course. :)
      Or use some other image.
    2. Host the screenshot/image somewhere.
      Dropbox, CloudApp, and Droplr are some examples of the many hosting services you can upload images to.
    3. Refer to either/both of these forum posts for how to link images to your own posts: here, here.

If there's more we can help you with please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.