Please bring back 1Password 4 Copy Username and Copy Password keyboard shortcuts

I upgraded to a 1Password 7 sub at the end of last year, and while it is a big improvement over 1Password 4 for Windows, my muscle memory sure does miss the Ctrl+Shift+C combo to copy password.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 v1809
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @jkcarter,

Thanks for writing in. It is there already, we've added it in 7.3 update:

• I think you misunderstand me. I know the context menu is there. I prefer to click/select with one hand and ctrl+shift+c with the other hand. It's more efficient for me to have the keyboard shortcut.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited February 3

Hi @jkcarter,

That's not the right-click menu, it's different. That's the shortcut menu that comes up with you press Control + Shift + C on an item. Give it a try, bring up 1Password mini and with the item selected with arrow key; press Control + Shift + C.

It is entirely possible I am misunderstanding you. What are you expecting 1Password to do when you do press that shortcut? Do you mean something like a separate shortcut that copies the password without a menu?

• "Do you mean something like a separate shortcut that copies the password without a menu?"

Yes, this exactly. In 1Password 4, there were separate keyboard shortcuts for each option, with no menu. My username is usually saved already by the app I'm logging into, so the extra mouse work or keystrokes needed for navigating a menu just waste time.

I realize this is totally a first-world problem, so feel free to say no. I just miss the efficiency of the old version's keyboard shortcuts, so figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

• bundtkatebundtkate

Team Member

It certainly doesn't hurt to ask @jkcarter and I can totally see your point. With the addition of the OTP option and the limited number of universally available shortcuts that the menu remains the best option, but with the work currently being done with customizable shortcuts now is as good a time to ask as any. I won't make any promises, of course, but it's always better to ask than not. Just to reiterate what Mike mentioned, too, you absolutely can navigate that menu with the arrow keys and press enter to select the proper option is your primary concern is to avoid the mouse and, of course, we'll keep your feedback in mind for future updates. :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file