Support for Edge Insider Builds for Mac

So the Dev and Canary Channels for Microsoft Edge are both out for Mac and I was curious when there'd be a beta for 1Password?

I attempted to install it by enabling the "Allow Extensions from Other Stores" option but it was unable to connect with 1Password every time it tried.

Update: 1Password X seems to work fine with it, though...

1Password Version: 7.3-Beta-12
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.5
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Indeed. We don't have anything to announce for the prerelease Edge browser at this point, but some folks are already happily using 1Password X there since it doesn't require anything accommodation from Microsoft or a desktop app to connect to:

Get to know 1Password X

And I'm sure we'll have more to share later on. :)

• 1Password X is working great for me!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to seeing how the new Edge turns out too. :chuffed:

• Hi,
    Using 1Password X happily so far on Edge for Mac (Canary channel) but I was wondering if anyone had the chance to look at Integration with desktop app support? Or if the normal extension will be released for it soon?

Just trying to see if there's a way to use TouchID to unlock 1Password on Edge Mac

Thanks!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Possibly in the the future. Too early to say anything for certain. Right now we're working on integration with Chrome. And Microsoft is working on...well, Edge. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file