Pixel 3a "not supported" error [supported, but under investigation]

schollinschollin
edited May 23 in Android

Will the app be updated to support pixel 3a devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@schollin: It is supported on Pixel 3a. We're using it here. So this is pretty confusing. Can you tell me more about your setup? Have you modified or customized the device or settings that would impact compatibility with the Play Store? Most common is display settings. Any details you could provide would be helpful. :)

• I guess I'm just as confused then. No modification whatsoever.

Oddly enough I'm getting similar issues with android auto and Google opinion rewards but all my other apps work fine.

I guess I can try a factory reset? What display settings might be incorrect?

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks for the update, @schollin. Since you're seeing the issue with other apps as well, I'm inclined to believe the issue is on the device. Can you try adjusting your display settings according to Saad's steps here?
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86922/device-not-compatible-error-on-samsung-galaxy-s7#latest

• I wound up factory resetting the device and setting it up without the cable transfer this time. Everything is working as expected now.

Not sure what was wrong with it but at least it's fixed.

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks for the update, @schollin. I'm glad you got everything working properly!

• periperi

Team Member

Out of curiosity, @schollin, can you let me know what carrier you're using? We're trying to figure out why certain people are seeing this error.

• I'm using Verizon and the cable transfer was from a Samsung S6 edge+. I used the same SIM in both phones.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Interesting. The one thing in common with previous reports like this was that they were all Samsung devices. I wonder if you've got a zombie, with some settings migrating from the old device that are messing with this. We'll see if others experiencing the same thing also migrated data from a Samsung device, and if doing a factory reset on the new device resolves it.

• periperi

Team Member

Thanks for the input! There may indeed be something fishy going on here. We'll continue to look into this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file