I didn't want to create multiple threads for each of these, and trying to search for some of them on here is difficult so I apologize if these have been posted before. But compared to LastPass, I'm having a really tough time recommending 1Password X to friends, family, and coworkers because of the usability issues. Note that I'm using the Firefox version. They include:
- When it prompts you to save a login, it doesn't give you the ability to edit or confirm the username. Often it ends up saving just a password with no username at all, so I have to always go search for the login to see if it saved correctly, find that it didn't, click edit, which opens up a new tab and you have to wait for it to load, etc. Not allowing me to confirm or modify the information when saving a login is by far the #1 thing that might cause me to switch back to LastPass. Also the prompt in LastPass is less intrusive, just tucked away in the top right corner.
- Speaking of editing, it's painful to edit in the web browser tab instead of directly in the extension. I know you have to do this with LastPass as well, but with them the editor loads right away. With 1Password, you have to wait on all the spinning bits to load. When editing a login, I don't need all of that stuff on the left. And on a large screen, the Save button being in the bottom right of the browser window is always hard to find, and with just a pale blue outline, it is hard to see and differentiate as well. The LastPass editor, while not as "pretty" and certainly not perfect, is much easier to use.
- In QuickBooks, if you are creating an invoice and click CC to carbon copy email someone, you can't get to that box easily because 1Password sign in drop-down pops up when the CC email box focuses, which causes the dialog to close. This was not a problem for me in LastPass. The annoying workaround is to quickly type a character after clicking CC, so that you beat 1Password in the race to control of the text box, which still closes the dialog, but when you open it again it stays open.
- When clicking New Login in the extension, it opens up an editor tab but it doesn't fill in the URL of the page you're on to the Website field. So you have to either remember to copy that first, or switch tabs back and copy the URL. LastPass fills in the URL, name, and even assumed category. Also when LastPass confirms your username to save a login, it gives you an autocomplete based on username/emails you've used in the past. That would be helpful on the editor to not have to type that out in full over and over again.
- Many times, there will be overlapping drop-downs on input fields, one from Firefox and the other from 1Password. Worse, they conflict with each other, like if you press the down key it closes or one takes over the other, or you can't select the option you want. I don't really want to disable Firefox autofill to work around this problem.
- This is a problem in LastPass as well, but it is very annoying to have to type in my long and secure master password every time it auto-locks. Windows Hello support like in the desktop app, or at least the option of having a secure PIN, would be far preferable. I know I can disable the auto-lock but this would be a good nice-to-have for usability and security.
I really hope you guys can work on fixing these serious usability issues. Even though 1Password looks nice, it is definitely harder to use.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2 for Firefox
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided