1P mini window size does not persist

1. Launch 1Password.
  2. Launch Safari.
  3. Resize 1P mini from the Safari extension.
  4. Completely quit 1P and Safari.
  5. Relaunch 1P and Safari.

Result: 1P mini has reverted to its default size.
Expected result: 1P mini window size persists after quitting 1P.

This behavior is new in 7.3.3.BETA-0.

1Password Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000)
Extension Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• vplewisvplewis Junior Member

@verdi1987 FYI, It works as expected in the latest beta of Catalina (19A536g).

• Full ScoreFull Score Junior Member

I have a similar comment to verdi1987. I use three monitors and my habit is to leave the main 1Password window open continuously on monitor 1, whilst opening mini when needed on monitor 2. Using 7.3.2 and all previous versions of 1Password, mini would remember its position on monitor 2. Under 7.3.3.beta-0 mini often opens on monitor 1. How do I ensure that mini remembers the position I left it in?

1Password Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000)
    Extension Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0
    OS Version: 10.14.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• @Full Score, is the mini not opening beneath the toolbar or menubar button?

I have a similar setup to yours but with two displays. The main 1Password application is on display 2, and my browsers are on display 1. While I have experienced the issue you describe in the past, I am not experiencing it with 7.3.3.BETA-0. Be sure that you have "Assign to None" set for the 1Password display assignment.

• Full ScoreFull Score Junior Member

@verdi1987: the mini sometimes opens below the menu bar on my main monitor (#2), sometimes in the middle of my monitor (#1) which displays my main iPassword app.

I have looked through all the menus. Could you please let me know where I can find the "Assign to None" that you mention.

• verdi1987verdi1987
    edited September 2

@Full Score, right-click (or control+click) the 1Password dock icon. Under "Options" you can set the display assignment.

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited September 3

Ah, yes! I was confused too, as I'd forgotten about that option:

Thanks, @verdi1987!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file