1Password is hanging and won’t open on my iPad Pro running iOS 13.1.

Options
danielhertlein
danielhertlein
Community Member
edited September 2019 in iOS

It works fine on my iPhone XR running same and my MacBook running Catalina but when I open on my iPad it goes to the screen with the lock graphic and just sits there. No Touch ID icon. Just the lock and no, Touch ID does not work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Update: I restarted my iPad and everything is normal. All is well.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.1
Sync Type: ICloud

Comments

• Thanks for the update @danielhertlein. Glad to hear a reboot did the trick. :+1:

Ben

• User Name
    User Name
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I have run into this problem as well, and a reboot was not enough to fix it.
    I also tried reinstalling the app, which worked after the first login but not for subsequent unlocks.

The issue for me seemed to be the new floating keyboard.
    It was sticking on "Unlocked" until I tapped that field, which brought up the keyboard again. I then had to switch to the full size keyboard, and minimize it.
    As soon as I did that, it unlocked.

After that, the app unlocks every time via Face ID.
    Here's a video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54uzrBYhujw

EDIT: I should mention that this is an 11" iPad Pro, in case that matters.

• Markelmo
    Markelmo
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having a similar problem. 1password freezes when I click the + button to add a login. I’m using an iPhone XS running IOS 13. My iPad Pro running IOS 12 doesn’t have the problem.

• wallbe99
    wallbe99
    Community Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I had the same issue on my iPad with the small keyboard after entering the password the screen "Froze" in "unlocked" without "opening" the app. If I change the keyboard back to the standard size and re-entered the password, it worked as expected.

• peterth
    peterth
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly the same problem here. Switching to the full size keyboard was a workaround. Looking forward to a fix ;-)

• Hi folks,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. Please let me know if switching to the full size keyboard does not allow 1Password to work as expected. I'll pass this information along to our development team for further investigation.

Ben

• srellis72
    srellis72
    Community Member
    Options

1Password is doing this on my iPhone X. Unable to type anything after going to add Login page. It works on my iPhone 8.

• Hi @srellis72

Are you using a split keyboard on the iPhone X?

Ben

• srellis72
    srellis72
    Community Member
    Options

No, I’m using the regular keyboard

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2019
    Options

Thanks, @srellis72. Have you tried restarting the device?
    Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Disregard. I noticed you mentioned this is specifically happening when adding Login items, not when trying to unlock 1Password. That is a known issue. Please see this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/526258/#Comment_526258

Ben

• srellis72
    srellis72
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed. Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@srellis72, on behalf of Ben, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• MartijnOnline
    MartijnOnline
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having a similar problem with my iPad Pro when using Apple's Smart Keyboard Folio (i.e. after entering the password the screen freezes in "Unlocked" without opening the app). Both rebooting the device and reinstalling the app did not do the trick. However, switching to the built-in or 'virtual' keyboard seems to be a feasible workaround. NB: my iPad Pro is running on iOS 12.4.1.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MartijnOnline

Interesting. I can't say I've heard any other reports of that. Apple's Smart Keyboard is seemingly a fairly popular accessory, so I'd think if there was a broader problem we'd have people knocking down the doors over it. So that we can try to get a better picture of what is going on 'under the hood', please reproduce the problem and note the time at which the screen freezes. Then, send us a diagnostic report. Instructions can be found here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107365/1password-is-hanging-and-won-t-open-on-my-ipad-pro-running-ios-13-1#latest
    • Your forum username: MartijnOnline

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.