Issues with Password AutoFill when using iOS 13 (freezing, crashing, delays, Touch ID / Face ID)

Options

Comments

• BradMcMahan
    BradMcMahan
    Community Member
    Options

Mine is with Password Autofill.

• d14b0ll0s
    d14b0ll0s
    Community Member
    Options

The problem now occurs with a new versio nof 1Password both on my iPad Pro and on my iPhone. Stuck at the 1Password logo when trying to fill in the password in Safari.

• nesralwc
    nesralwc
    Community Member
    Options

The v7.4.2 did not resolve the issue for my iOS 13.1.2 iPhone Xs. It's not even when adding new items, it's just trying to use 1Password to auto-fill my App/Website login info.

• This discussion was created from comments split from: iOS 13: keyboard does not work when creating new logins and crashes.
  • hykang
    hykang
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this issue on iOS 13.1.2 and iPadOS 13.1.2 with 1Password 7.4.2. I can reliably reproduce this issue when I try to use Safari password autofill with 1Password on a login screen that separates the username and password entries into two separate steps (e.g. Google and Microsoft). I have already sent the diagnostics report from my iPad (ref #: QDM-13411-977).

• Bob Grace
    Bob Grace
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this issue as well. iOS/iPadOS 13.1.2, 1Password 7.4.2.

• havranek
    havranek
    Community Member
    Options

I see some new topics appeared on the forum that mention the same issue, maybe it's good idea to merge those:

Judging by the number of views of those topics, the issue is affecting quite some people. Hopefully it can be identified and resolved soon.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks folks. I think there are a few different issues happening, which is making sorting out which is which a little difficult. I'm passing all of the information along to our development team for their investigation, though.

Ben

• nadocrew
    nadocrew
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I am also having this issue. Iphone 7 and Iphone 11 pro (13.1.2) 1Password 7.4.2 with Dropbox sync. It freezes on all keyboard autofills and makes the app impossible to use

• nadocrew
    nadocrew
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I am still experience freezes on keyboard autofill login. Happens on my iPhone 7 and Iphone 11 Pro, 13.1 operating system Dropbox sync enabled. I am unable to fill in information through autofill

• TubeLeak
    TubeLeak
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the auto fill issue on ios13 when using Touch ID with my iPhone SE. It freezes. The only fix that works is to disable Touch ID.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi folks,

We are investigating this issue and hope to have more soon. Thank you.

Ben

ref: QDM-13411-977

• HereIsMartin
    HereIsMartin
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same problem on iPhone Xs Max as original poster, iPad Air (3rd gen). running latest iOS version.

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for the reports on this. We are investigating the situation.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Hi @d14b0ll0s

Do you have Touch ID / Face ID enabled within 1Password on these devices? If so, as a troubleshooting step, please turn it off (1Password > Settings > Security), and instead unlock 1Password using your Master Password. Do you still experience 1Password getting 'suck' in this configuration?

Ben

• d14b0ll0s
    d14b0ll0s
    Community Member
    Options

Not the two times I tried now, no. So we have the culprit. But unfortunately my Master Password is too long to type in each time. Is there any chance you could solve this together with Apple?

• This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password is hanging and won’t open on my iPad Pro running iOS 13.1..
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi all,

I've merged a number of threads related to this issue. Please see this post for the latest information / request:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/107974/issues-with-password-autofill-when-using-ios-13-freezing-crashing-delays-touch-id-face-id/p1

We will keep that post updated as more information is available.

Ben

ref: ZQT-41992-164

• d14b0ll0s
    d14b0ll0s
    Community Member
    Options

Sent reports from two iPhones (FaceID + Touch ID) and one iPad, but still waiting for the numbers.

• buyanet
    buyanet
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve just sent an email with logs and info to this. I did not include my forum username though. I also attached a screen recording of it freezing when clicking “Password” above the keyboard

• DUJARDIN
    DUJARDIN
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same trouble since i bought my iPhone 11 Pro. It works fine with my iPhone X. Both iPhone work under IOS 13.1.2 aux use FaceID to unlock 1Password. I hope you fix rapidly the issue because it is a very useful feature. Good luck ...

• rasawesome
    rasawesome
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Experienced this on both my iPad Pro (10”) and iPhone XS. Submitted diagnostic a few sec ago. Screen locks up when trying to access 1Password from keypad. Error occurred Oct 13 several times during the day.

• Russell Fogg
    Russell Fogg
    Community Member
    Options

Also having the issue as described by other posters - funny enough only on my iPad Pro 11 when I installed a fresh copy of 13.1.2 after running on the developer betas.

It works perfectly on 13.1.2 on my new iPhone 11 Pro Max

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Thanks for chiming in. If you're experiencing issues and have not already please send reports as outlined in the first post in this thread, and then post the support ID you receive here.

Ben

• LeQuangX
    LeQuangX
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I am experiencing the same problem with my screen locking up when attempting to auto fill my passwords or clicking on the password key. Sometimes the screen will darken, as if a screen is supposed to pop up but nothing happens. I can switch to another app and come back to the original app that I am attempting to use 1password and I can try again but same frozen result. I just submitted my diagnostic report. I have also disabled Face ID but the problem still occurs majority of the time. This also occurs on my other iOS devices iPhone and iPad.

My support ID:

[#NGF-13555-217]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, I confirm that we located your message! We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.

ref: NGF-13555-217

• scoulea
    scoulea
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID #JMN-94365-415 for my hanging 1password integration with apps. I've only just upgraded to a new handset, when I started to see the issue (my old handset was also at iOS 13.1.2 and latest 1password, but didn't seem to have the issue).

• HereIsMartin
    HereIsMartin
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID #PLZ-46496-172.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @scoulea! I see that Stephanie is already helping you with this.

Have a wonderful day :)

ref: JMN-94365-415

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @HereIsMartin! I see that Stephanie is already helping you with this.

Have a wonderful day :)

ref: PLZ-46496-172

This discussion has been closed.