1password 7 on a Mac, purchased 1password years ago, lost browser extensions, don't have a key

I can't get the initial window to pop up again to create a membership. I guess I need to set up a new account and transfer all of my existing data over to it? You guys changed the way this works so now I guess I need to buy something else to get browser extensions back on my Mac? That's B.S., I should be grandfathered in but whatever. Can you just help me get the extensions back? I use a Mac and iPhone for 1Password. The phone seems fine, it's just the Mac.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 on a Mac, purchased 1password years ago, lost browser extensions, need to upgrade?

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Hulkmtaylor37! Welcome to the forum!

You can download all the browser extensions from our downloads page. Unless you use Safari as your browser, in which case the extension is installed automatically when you install 1Password 7, so you don't have to install anything separately ;)

• I use Safari. The extensions don't work anymore and when I log into 1Password, everything shows Read Only. Something isn't right.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Hulkmtaylor37: 1Password will be "read only" without an active membership or license for that specific version. If you purchased 1Password "years ago", that will be your problem: you purchased an old version but you're using the current one. You can get all the apps and updates as part of a 1Password membership, purchase a license for version 7 from the "read only" notice, or go back to using the version you already purchased.

• That's part of my problem. I can't get back to the first screen where it allows me to purchase the membership. I want to be careful to not lose all of my data. I don't want to set up a brand new account, I want to transfer my data into a membership.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Hulkmtaylor37: I'm not sure I follow you here.

If you do not have a membership yet, you'd need to sign up for one. You can do that any time through the website: https://start.1password.com/sign-up/plan

If you do already have a membership, you just need to sign into it in the app.

Either way, this guide will take you through migrating your data and setting up all your devices:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

And we're here if you have questions along the way. :)

• I have a membership now. But the safari extensions still don't work. What's next?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@Hulkmtaylor37

What do you see in Safari under Preferences > Extensions? Can you please post a screenshot?

Ben

• I have a membership now. But the safari extensions still don't work. What's next?

Often this can be solved by just restarting the system once :).

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Indeed. I just wish that were the case all the time. For some people, Safari takes a long time to load the extension for whatever reason. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file