Very fustrated, give me a good reason to keep using 1p

Options

So I've been using 1password for the longest time since I bought a license after one of them Mac app bundles back in the day.
I find that 1p is letting me down now that I need it more than ever.
Just moved from Vancouver to Lisbon, I'm in the middle of flat-hunting, job-hunting, buried in paperwork and redtape.
That means creating new accounts like idealista, inmovirtual, my new banks, etc etc etc etc etc
They send me on a trip business to Oslo. More of the same, need new login accounts, etetc etc etc etc etcetc etc etc etc etc
1Password time and time and time and time again continues to let me down, both on my phone and my win10 laptop

Syncing over drop box used to work like a charm. I find that 1p is now useless. I have to resort to open the app, search the desired login, copy paste etc. For new account logins, again, I have to store them manually. LUDICROUS.

I just got a new Android phone in Lisbon, installed 1p, installed dropbox, and for the life of me I cannot get the damn thing to store new account logins or even autofill the gmail account I've been using for 20 years.
1P ACTUALLY GETS IN THE WAY when I try to enter the log in details manually, with an (useless) 1P autofill button that obscures the text fields I'm trying to fill manually.
Looks like "my problem" is that I need to upgrade from keychane to OPvault.
A search in the forums says I have to stop syncninjg my Mac or something.
Good luck with that, my Mac is back in Vancouver on the other side of the world.

Same on my Windows laptop, the good ol' "Unknown is connected but its code signature blah blah". Click on view trouble shooting guide, same old page with the same old information that is completely useless to me. I have the lates version of 1p according to the help menu.

Honestly, I've been struggling with this issues for months now and am at the end of my wits.
I'm too busy settling in a new country, I have no time for this, I do not have time for this. I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS.

One of my new colleagues over here just told me he had the same issues and is now using something else.
Give me a good reason not to do the same.

sincerely

Enrique

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Kiko 👋

First and foremost, I want thank you for being a long-time supporter of 1Password. We wouldn't be where we are today without people like you who have chose time and time again to continue to choose 1Password when you could've easily gone elsewhere.

Moving from one city to the next is stressful enough as it is, but moving entire countries is a whole other level. I know if I put myself in your shoes, I can't say I would be any less frustrated than you are, to be quite honest with you. 😕

You've got quite the list of issues, and I'd like to start with the most important one to begin with, which is making sure we're getting your data synced and backed up somewhere safe.

Google changed their certificate used for code signing back in February of 2019
    with the release of Chrome 72. Your license for 1Password 4 hasn't expired (and never will), but 1Password 4 will not recognize Chrome moving forward.

While upgrading is recommended, for the same reasons you (presumably) update your OS and web browser, if you're going to stick with 1Password 4 there are a number of other browsers which have not changed their code signing and still work with that, such as Firefox.

However, with that being said, "Unknown is connected" sounds like 1Password 7. Do you maybe have both installed?

This discussion has been closed.