Why do Firefox show two versions (buttons) of 1Password 7 Mini?

panozfanpanozfan Junior Member

Yesterday, Firefox asked me to install 1Password Mini in the browser. Since I already had one version of 1P Mini in Firefox, I thought that it was an update / new version... unfortunately, now I have two buttons - one with a blue ring around the keyhole and the old 1P button in black and white color.

I can't figure which version to keep. The new one wont accept the one touch login on my MacBook. It only accept the Master Password.

Should I uninstall the new extension? Is it newer than the previous?

Any help is very much appreciated.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Cataline 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @panozfan!

It sounds like you installed 1Password X in addition to the regular browser extension. 1Password X is our latest extension that runs entirely in the browser. If you don't want it, you can remove it from your browser's extensions list and return to using the old extension exclusively.

• panozfanpanozfan Junior Member

Thanks for your prompt help @ag_ana ... my apologies for not responding sooner.

As I see it, 1Password X does not accept using the Touchbar (like the previous version)... am I right? I've gone through Settings without finding any solusion.

• kaitlynkaitlyn

Team Member

@panozfan – That's right. 1Password X doesn't support Touch ID in the stable version. However, we are testing what we call Desktop App Integration in the 1Password for Mac beta as well as the 1Password X beta that allows you to unlock both the desktop app and 1Password X simultaneously, and essentially allows you to unlock 1Password X with Touch ID. If you have any desire in testing it out while it's still in the beta phases, take a look at this post to get started.

edited February 18

@kaitlyn - Many thanks for the information and link. Will Firefox users be prompted when the integration is launching? Should I disable 1PX or remove it? Or will it be an automated update from within Firefox?

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@panozfan

I would recommend following our social media channels, as well as our blog, which will no doubt relay information when the feature launches, and leaves beta.

As for 1Password X, you can disable it, if you like, or remove it. If you disable it, make sure it remains disabled. You should not run two versions at the same time.

edited February 18

Many thanks for your quick reply.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

You're welcome.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file