"Open and fill" in 1Password on Mac pops up Mini instead

Options
DKroot
DKroot
Community Member

In 1Password desktop when I click on an item's website link / "open and fill" it sometimes (often) pops up a Mini (dialog) for me instead of going to a browser. My default browser is Chrome on Mac under Mojave. I could not quite figure out the pattern of when it happens, but I noticed that if I quit open Chrome and do it again it works the second time. Any ideas?

This could be the same or a different issue as in https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112213/open-and-fill-on-mac-using-version-7-4-3.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password Online

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DKroot!

This sounds like something that we addressed in the latest beta version of the 1Password browser extension:

Correct intermittent bug where 1Password mini would appear instead of filling. {apple-issues#4317}

If you want to give the beta extension a try, you can download it from here (make sure you click on the Show betas checkbox should it be deselected when you click on the link).

• DKroot
    DKroot
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I tried the beta extension. It didn't eliminate the problem entirely. I have a feeling that it reduced the frequency of occurrence. I've also tried it with a beta of 1Password app.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @DKroot. The alternative would be to use the 1Password X browser extension:

Get to know 1Password X

This extension does not experience the same issue, but it also does not have the tight integration with the main application that the desktop app extension has. We do have some integration in beta:

Introducing Desktop App Integration for Mac! 🎉 — 1Password Forum

Ben

This discussion has been closed.