Scanning QR code for 2-factor authentication won't work

AppfelAppfel
in Mac

Hello!

I would like to enable 2-factor authentication for a website. Once I select to scan the QR code I get this window:

As you can see, it is non-transparent. So scanning a QR code is not possible. I uninstalled 1Password and tried again, unfortunatly this was not helpful. Any idea how I can solve it?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5 (70500002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Firefox 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.4 (19E287)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited May 9

Hi @Appfel!

Please download 1Password from our website instead than from the Mac App Store: the QR scan feature is only available in the website version of the app.

• Wooooooah, I've been wondering about this for a while… this explains it (at least it's not a "bug", I suppose?)

Is this a hard limit on what you all can do on the App Store? I seem to have other apps that can do some of the accessibility stuff, (and aren't there screen recorders in the App Store?)

Some sort of messaging around this might have been nice instead of me thinking something was up with my machine… :cry:

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@jasonmp85

There are rules about what App Store apps are allowed to use the screen recording permissions for, and unfortunately this appears to not be one of the allowed cases.

Some sort of messaging around this might have been nice instead of me thinking something was up with my machine… :cry:

I was under the impression we had already changed the wording on this screen so it would be clear the code has to be dragged and dropped onto the scanner (which should work even with the Mac App Store version). Could you please let me know what language you see on this screen?

Ben

• After deleting the App Store copy due to this issue, I'm using a fresh install of:
    Version 7.5 (70500003)
    1Password Store

No 1Password in the Screen Recording panel, I can't drag and drop it into there (with that panel unlocked). The Scanner window doesn't ask for permission and seems to think it's working, but it doesn't recognize the code it's on top of. Drag and drop a code image onto that window does nothing.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited June 27

@ToddJonker

Try quitting 1Password completely using the following simultaneous keystrokes, with 1Password the frontmost app. (Command Option Control Q) Open 1Password and Unlock. Does that help?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file