How do I add a field to a web login?

Options
synfinatic
synfinatic
Community Member

Amazon has deprecated their method of unique URL's for multiple AWS IAM accounts and instead, have an "account" field in the login form:

https://aws.amazon.com/ Click on "My Account/Console" on the top and select "My Account"

I've tried editing my current login to add the Account field (can't figure out a way to do this) and even tried creating a new login, but 1Password4 (v4.2.2) only stores my username/password even though I fill in the Account field. Since I have about 5 Amazon IAM accounts, this is quite painful.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @synfinatic,

There is no easy way to manually add fields to web form details at the moment (though there is a workaround), but saving a new login for the site will usually get it working. Please see these instructions for details:

Saving a new Login manually

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• ckellogg
    ckellogg
    Community Member
    Options

Saving a new login does not work using the 1P extension and the new version of this web form. Nothing occurs when clicking on it.

• ckellogg
    ckellogg
    Community Member
    Options

Addendum: It will only offer to save if you select all three fields (Account, Username, Password) and change the text in them. Since two of the three aren't changing (it just blindly slams in the saved username into the Account field), there's no way to get this to save without... what... saving wrong data and then editing the entry? This is not a useful solution.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ckellogg,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble saving a new Login. There is a bug in the current version of 1Password where you might not be able to save a new Login that contains the same information as the Login already saved in 1Password. Please try editing your existing entry and adding "old" to your username and then follow @JasperP‌'s instructions above to save a new Login.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, we're doing our best to get this bug squashed as soon as possible!

• ckellogg
    ckellogg
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

This one form is half of the authentications I do in a day. 1Password failing to support a change in its layout and requiring all these workarounds is going to drive me to use another product.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ckellogg,

You have my sincere apologies that this bug is affecting your workflow. After changing the details of your existing username, are you able to save a new Login to get things working smoothly for you again?

• kim_toms
    kim_toms
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to relate my experience with manually saving the login. I have multiple Amazon AWS IAM accounts, and am using Chrome on OS X Mavericks. When I manually saved the first login, it worked. But, as I modified the second login, and attempted to save it, nothing happened; the "Save new Login" dialog did not pop up in response to my mouse click. I was also running Safari at the time, and decided to try using Safari. Safari worked exactly the same way; i.e. nothing happened in response to my click.

The following messages were at the end of the log; these were the only relevant messages with 'agile' in their strings.
    4/10/14 3:15:02.347 PM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[344]: 412009 [EXT:0x7f8d01d2a1c0:] M webSocketForURI: | [ES4] Extension connected Chrome-Extension 'chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk / (null)'
    4/10/14 3:24:50.840 PM 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper[344]: 412009 [EXT:0x7f8d06ecc130:] M webSocketForURI: | [ES4] Extension connected Safari-Extension 'safari-extension://com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2bua8c4s2c / (null)'

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kim_toms,

I'd like to take a bit of a closer look at your system to see if we can track down where this trouble is coming in. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.