Cannot type backslash for path-names - 1password keyboard shortcut is interfering

Options

Everytime I try to type a backslash on my windows machine, 1Password pops up. In Switzerland typing a backslash is done by pressing [Alt Gr] and [<]. This is not possible while 1Password Helper is running. It always starts 1Password. This makes live as a system engineer really hard, since I cannot even type a backslash in Windows Explorer or anywhere else I need it.
Even in Word or other Office products it's not working. I need a fix for that or the option to deactivate specific shortcuts. The only workaround I could find was stopping 1Password Helper. But this also results in not being able to use any of the browser plugins.

Information:
Windows 8.1
Swiss Keyboard Layout
1Password 4 with Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome Extensions running.

Any advice on this?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ouch! Please change the 1Password keyboard shortcut here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins

My advice is to change it to Ctrl+# (this is what we're doing on a German keyboard layout).

• fatso83
    fatso83
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Could you shine any light on this similar problem? Also related to non-English locale and shortcut issues.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fatso83‌, please see the follow-up question in that thread.

This discussion has been closed.