iOS 8 wifi sync to OS X broken?

Options
rfc1918
rfc1918
Community Member

Hello, I have an iPad 3 with iOS 8 running 1Password 5.0 and only use wifi sync with OS X 10.9 running 1Password MAS 4.4.1. After the iOS upgrade, my Mac no longer shows up in the wifi sync list. I tried to reset the secret key. My iPhone 4S with iOS 7 can still sync with my Mac.

Comments

• Any chance the iPad is connected to a different Wi-Fi network?

• rfc1918
    rfc1918
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, same network, same SSID. I re-confirmed the old iPhone is still good to sync with the Mac. I would wipe out the app on the iPad but fear I would not be able to restore or perform the initial sync via wifi.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There are a couple of other ideas in this thread which may possibly help you get to the bottom of the problem. In particular, are you running any anti-virus or firewall software?

Stephen

• Slava Markilov
    Slava Markilov
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

The same problem with the upgrade from ios 7.1.1 to 8.0

The latest versions of software . Windows (7) and ios (iphone 5s)

I'm from Russia ( through translator wrote )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Andy ( @apo ),

Ben has responded to your post in the other thread. Please see his instructions here. We'll keep the conversation going in that thread so things don't get too confused.

Hi Slava,

Here are a few other things to check out:

• Are all your devices using the same Wi-Fi network?
    • Do you have any anti-virus or firewall software installed?

The more detail you can provide about your specific situation, the more quickly we'll be able to help get this sorted out!

• geekmaster
    geekmaster
    Community Member
    Options

For what it's worth, I have 1PasswordPro v3.7.2 (probably no longer supported). However, wi-fi syncing was working on my iPhone 5S just a few days ago. Now on the same network, same Macbook Pro, firewall off, no antivirus software, same Wi-Fi network, 1Password no longer sees the iPhone 5S.

• Jasper
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @geekmaster,

What version of 1Password are you using on your MacBook Pro?

• ideopathi
    ideopathi
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue.. on mac: 1Password 4 Version 4.4.1 (441008), iPhone: 1Password 5.0.1. I have done the same, disabled firewall and anti-virus, confirmed devices are on the same network.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a recent post from MikeT here in this forum which you may find interesting, even if it doesn't provide an immediate solution to wifi sync problems.

Stephen

• Hi guys,

A few more things:

1. Try to use the 2.4ghz only band on your router and see if it works. iOS 8 and Yosemite seems to have Wi-Fi issues when connected to a 5Ghz network.
    2. Rebooting both iOS devices and Mac(s) at the same time may help
  • deepwater
    deepwater
    Community Member
    Options

Megan nailed it for me, I had recently activated a McAfee All Access firewall and AV application for my Mac about the same time as the IOS 8 update. After many failed wifi syncs I turned off the McAfee firewall and it synced right up. Thanks Megan!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @deepwater‌

Whoo hoo! I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out now. Thanks for letting us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.