Trouble quitting Firefox

Options
Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: New to 1Password - first question.

Comments

• PhyberOptik
    PhyberOptik
    Community Member
    Options

I've been able to register with no problems and have installed the plug-ins for Firefox 38.0.1 (OS 10.10.3) but have noticed that Firefox doesn't always Quit properly now. It will hangup and I have to Force Quit the application. I haven't setup any pw's yet because I'm still familiarizing myself with 1PW. I always close any open windows before I Quit so nothing is left open or running in the background as far as I can tell. Suggestions?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PhyberOptik,

I hope you don't mind, but since the problem you described with Firefox is different than the questions you had asked in the previous thread, I've moved this to a new discussion.

I'm not sure why the 1Password browser extension would cause a problem when quitting Firefox (and I don't have the same problem with Firefox on my Mac), so my first suggestion is to try disabling the 1Password extension to see if that makes a difference. From Firefox, go to Tools > Add-ons, and click the Disable button next to 1Password. Now try quitting Firefox again - does it work better now, or does it still hang?

If the same problem happens, the 1Password extension is probably not the cause. But if it quits correctly while the 1Password extension is disabled, I wonder if it's conflicting with another extension. You can check that by enabling 1Password, then disabling your other extensions in Firefox, then try quitting again to see what happens.

Please let us know how it goes, thanks!

• PhyberOptik
    PhyberOptik
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I thought about starting a new post because it was a new subject but had a senior moment. The locking up of FF is sporadic but never happened before until I enabled the extension. I just thought that maybe others had reported it before as well. I'll keep an eye on it and disable/enable extension to see if I can isolate it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem! If you try disabling 1Password or your other extensions, please let us know how it goes and if it makes any difference. If it seems to only happen when the 1Password extension is enabled, we'll be happy to look further into this to see what we can do. :)

This discussion has been closed.