1pw: Secure Note Staying Open

Options
shigeru
shigeru
Community Member

After I open a secure note from the Chrome extension it stays open and pulled to front exposing the entire note and I cant hide it. The only way I can get this to disappear is by restarting my Mac Book. Ive been able to replicate the issue on other machines by opening a secure note and swiping left or right to the next mac book desktop window

Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D131)

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.3 (530032) Agile Web Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D131)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @shigeru,

I'm sorry you're having such a strange problem with Secure Notes! I haven't been able to reproduce that on my own Mac with the same (or at least very similar) setup, but it sounds a lot like a problem that another customer reported recently in this forum discussion. If you look at the issue described in that thread, does it sound like the same thing happening on your Mac (aside from different steps to reproduce it)?

What might help us is if you can list the exact steps you take to reproduce this. For example, do you open the Chrome extension / 1Password mini by clicking the 1Password icon in the Chrome toolbar, or the Mac menu bar, or do you use the ⌥⌘\ or ⌘\ keyboard shortcut? Do you anchor the Secure Note (i.e. clicking the anchor button at the bottom of the item details, or using the ⌘O keyboard shortcut)? Or do you just allow the item details to appear and then swipe to another Space? The more details you can give us about that, the better.

Also, the next time this happens, you might want to try simply restarting 1Password mini to see if it helps, instead of restarting your entire Mac. From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Does that make the Secure Note disappear?

This discussion has been closed.