1Password doesn't show scrollbars in the item editor [Confirmed, will fix in the future]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Login detail dialog - window size.

Comments

• deleored
    deleored
    Community Member
    Options

I have submitted a few support tickets on this issue to no avail. The 1Password Desktop app UI still lacks up-and-down scroll arrows. This means that when creating an entry that has numerous fields that span a page, the only way to view the OK button, is to create multiple sections and place some of those fields in those sections and then collapse as many sections as necessary. This seems overly complicated. I consider myself a loyal 1Password customer and would love to see this issue resolved ASAP. The standard Windows controls do not operate on your Desktop app.

• Hi @deleored,

Thanks for bringing this up again. We are aware of it and are working on a solution.
    Unfortunately when working with standard Windows window controls, these things aren't particularly easy to change.

We kindly ask for your patience.

• aeriden
    aeriden
    Community Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

I would like to echo this problem (the lack of scrolling and resizing on an item edit dialog). My primary machines run on either 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 displays. When I put fields on an item on my normal screen, I don't think to break them up into sections since I can easily see all of the fields. However, one of my more portable laptops runs 1440x900. When I open 1Password while traveling, and I open a field-rich item, I cannot easily manage the edit window (it scrolls beyond the bottom of the screen). The re-size option from the top, with double arrows (which indicates re-sizing), just moves the top window (the same as "grabbing" the title). I cannot see the buttons on the bottom of the edit dialog (as well as a lot of fields). A container (something like a Panel, for example) can be used to contain the form objects (text boxes, labels, etc.), so scrolling could be made possible. There may be other solutions for your product. This is a real usability problem and should be addressed right away.

In addition, it would be nice if we could move a field from one section to another. Another usability in terms of organization.

Just demonstrating how important 1Password is daily.

Since we are talking UI, and I am going to be a little "greedy" (but really, this doesn't impact the usable like the aforementioned), the current 1Password is very Windows 7 looking. It would be good to update the look/feel for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. This includes flatter icons and coloration. Just wishing. :-)

I am running 4.6.0.586 for Windows.

• Hi @aeriden,

A container (something like a Panel, for example) can be used to contain the form objects (text boxes, labels, etc.), so scrolling could be made possible.

Such a container isn't possible in the way we're using it. If it did, we would've done it on the first day but we had to come up with this for now. We will change this in the future but it will not be a quick fix.

In addition, it would be nice if we could move a field from one section to another. Another usability in terms of organization.

This is something we're already supporting in the OS X and iOS interfaces and we hope to bring this over to Windows if possible.

Since we are talking UI, and I am going to be a little "greedy" (but really, this doesn't impact the usable like the aforementioned), the current 1Password is very Windows 7 looking. It would be good to update the look/feel for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. This includes flatter icons and coloration. Just wishing. :-)

You are asking 1Password to be better and that's always our goal, to keep pushing it further. We do have plans to redesign 1Password as a whole but we don't have a timeframe on this.

You can check out 1Password Alpha in the Windows Store to get a sneak peek of the potential UI in the future.

This discussion has been closed.