Need to restore a non-synced Vault from a backup disk.

Options

I had two Vaults, but only one of them was set to sync. I'm understanding how selective sync works works now, but what I need to know is how to restore the old Vault that was not synced in dropbox.

Can I get a step by step on how to restore a non-synced vault from my backup drive?

History:
I wiped my machine 3/25/15 and have backups from that time.
Not sure which version of 1PW I had back then, but I'm using 1PW 5 now
I've located the Containers folder of my backup drive and located com.agilebits.onepassword-osx
I can't find 1Password generated backups on my backup drive - maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.
I think I need to know:
1. Are backups done on secondary vaults by default?
2. If so where are those backups stored? I tried to look in /Lib../App..Supp../1P.../Backups but didn't find a 1Password folder in Application Support.
3. Are backups stored elsewhere in other versions?

Assuming I don't have a 1 Password generated backup file, how can I restore a 1 Password Vault using the original

I've tried to follow the advice I've seen on the forum, but have hit a dead end. Help Please!

I'm currently on the lasted version of 1Password5 and Yosemite
My backups are from a Mavericks machine with probably 1Password4 or whatever the latest version was then????

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DPC1,

A backup in 1Password is inclusive of all vaults regardless of whether they are being synchronised or not, so your backup will contain your missing secondary vault. You should find certain details are included in the filename e.g. (2 profiles, 398 items, 4 folders, 4 attachments). Where we say profile we meant vault.

As for the location, if you purchased 1Password for Mac from us, so the AgileBits Store version, the backup will be in the following folder ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups/. That is true for both 1Password 4 & 5 as both use the same support folder. 1Password 3 used a different folder but that won't be applicable as 1Password 3 didn't support multiple vaults.

Now if you purchased 1Password for Mac from Apple's Mac App Store then you have to look in a different location as Mac App Store applications are sandboxed. For the Mac App Store version you want to look in ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/

Those are the only two places we store backups created by 1Password for Mac.

Now for recovering your secondary vault, that will be a bit fiddly I'm afraid. This link to a previous post I wrote should help as they had the exact same need as yourself. They needed to add a backup from another machine and retrieve a vault before returning to the current vault.

If we can be of any more assistance please do let us know!

This discussion has been closed.