my mac pro is not syncing with my imac

Options
meatskin
meatskin
Community Member

i can't get mac pro to sync with imac 1password and i can't figure out how to add license to mac pro

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It would help us to help you if you'd tell us how you're trying to sync the 1P data. If you have 1P 5 on both machines you can use either one of the following:

• iCloud if you bought 1P from the Mac App Store (as opposed to from the AgileBits store) and provided both machines use the same Apple ID
    • Dropbox

There's also the possibility of using folder sync.

As to adding your licence, see this knowledge base article:

How do I add my license to 1Password?

If the licence file is on one machine and you need it on the other you can transfer the file any way you like (USB stick, email, etc.).

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @meatskin,

I hope the information from Stephen was helpful! In case it helps, here are links for steps to set up iCloud or Dropbox sync:

If you're still having trouble syncing your 1Password data, or with applying your license to 1Password on your Mac Pro, please let us know the following:

• What version of Mac OS X is running on each Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on each Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password on each Mac?
    • How are you trying to sync your 1Password data?
    • Aside from your two Macs, what other devices/computers are you syncing with 1Password (if any)?
    • What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices/computers (if any)?
    • Which Mac has your most up-to-date 1Password information?
    • Do you receive any error messages? If so, what do they say?

Thanks!

• meatskin
    meatskin
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

the email i was sent back is missing the License link

[Mod edit: 1Password for Windows license key removed]

• meatskin
    meatskin
    Community Member
    Options

What version of Mac OS X is running on each Mac? 10.10.4
    What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on each Mac? version 5.3.2
    Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password on each Mac? store version
    How are you trying to sync your 1Password data? yes
    Aside from your two Macs, what other devices/computers are you syncing with 1Password (if any)? iphone
    What version of 1Password are you using on the other devices/computers (if any)? ver. 5.1.2
    Which Mac has your most up-to-date 1Password information?
    Do you receive any error messages? If so, what do they say? no

• JWeaver
    JWeaver
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

That's not a license for 1Password for Mac. If it's possible that you purchased a 1Password license for Mac using a different email address then you could try that other address for license retrieval. Otherwise just hold tight for one of the AgileBits folks, they can do a manual lookup for your Mac license if necessary.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@meatskin: Indeed. 1Password is licensed on a per-platform basis, so you'll need a separate license for the Mac version if you haven't already purchased it from the AgileBits Store or the Mac App Store. You may, however, be able to use your existing license to get a discount on the Mac version.

If you already purchased from the Mac App Store, you can download it from your purchase history. Or if you already purchased it from the AgileBits Store, the best thing to do would be to email us at support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can help you locate your license information. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• meatskin
    meatskin
    Community Member
    Options

can someone just call me and help me with this problem of sync and add license

• meatskin
    meatskin
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

[Phone number deleted]
    Duane

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@meatskin this is a public forum and it's really not wise to post your phone number on it. I have deleted it.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @meatskin,

I'm sorry if there's still some confusion about your license! I searched our system for the email address from your forum account, and the only license associated with that email address is for 1Password for Windows (which you purchased back in 2011). I don't see any purchase of a license for 1Password for Mac. If you think you bought a license for the Mac version from the AgileBits Store under a different email address, you can try entering that other address in the "I've lost my license" section of this site. You can find more information here: I’ve lost my license. Can I look it up, or can you resend it?

If you have not previously purchased a license for the Mac version of 1Password, you'll need to do that in order to fully activate it. 1Password is licensed separately on each supported platform, which means the Mac and Windows versions of 1Password are sold separately. Please see this knowledgebase article for further details: What licenses do I need to use 1Password on all my devices?

We offer a discount to customers who have previously made a purchase from the AgileBits Store, so if you need to buy a license for the Mac version of 1Password, you can enter your 1Password for Windows license code on this site to see your discount and license options.

If you have more questions about that but would prefer a more private support option, please feel free to send us an email at support+forum@agilebits.com (be sure to include a link to this forum thread so we can "connect the dots" between here and there. When you email is, you'll receive an automated reply with a ticket ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down your emnail and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible.

Now as far as syncing your 1Password data between two Macs and an iPhone, your best option will be to use Dropbox sync. If you have trouble setting that up, please let us know (by either posting here, or via email).

Hopefully this helps, but let us know if you have more questions. Thanks!

ref: 449826

This discussion has been closed.