Having trouble deleting items

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Some items not syncing, "Rejected by Server 100" error.

Comments

• corvock
    corvock
    Community Member
    Options

I updated the app, and the errors went away, and syncing happened. I am still having issues deleting items. Is this related, or something new?

• @corvock : I think this is new. I hate to be that guy, but could you create a new thread about that and include details about what's going on for you?

Rick

• @corvock I just split things off so you can keep the conversation about your issue going here. If you could provide us with a bit more information about what's going on that'd be great. :)

• corvock
    corvock
    Community Member
    Options

I tried a cvs import from keepass into teams, it didn't result as i wanted. I deleted all the items, they went to the trash. I then used the tools to do a better import and get the entries in as i wanted. If i empty trash the app does not complain, it acts as if it has purged them, but they're still there. If i am logged into the web site at the same time, it refreshes on its own when i tell the app to delete, but nothing happens. Between my laptop, website and work desktop the trash seems out of sync. I show 844 items in the trash on my desktop, website shows none with all the items in the vault, and 174 on my work desktop. They seem to be quite out of sync. I did have the 100/103 server error issue, and until that was fixed i only had the 174 in trash on desktop and those 174 were in the main vault on the website. Once that was resolved it didn't seem to get better. If this is a fluke, i am fine with getting my team nuked and just start over since i haven't invited anyone yet and still have the import file. Either ay i am just trying to delete all the info at this point to reimport.

--Ryan

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @corvock,

Once the 100/103 issue was resolved, did those 174 items show up in the trash on the website? This is important because the process of emptying the trash in 1Password for Teams is basically the Mac app asking the server to empty its trash. So unless an item appears in the trash on the website, it won't actually get deleted. If the items do appear in the trash on the website, the next thing to check is to make sure that you have permission to Empty Trash on that vault.

Let's start with that, and work from there. Thanks for your patience.

Rick

• corvock
    corvock
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

@rickfillion I moved all the items out of the trash on my desktop and put all items back into the trash. They just seem to very much be out of sync. No changes happen on the web when i restore or subsequently delete all items. When i try and empty trash on the desktop nothing changes, but when i try and empty on the web i get:

Error
    Close
    Failed to empty trash:
    Incorrect Version value has been sent

• @corvock : we're in the process of making 5.5.BETA-30 available which should fix some of those sync issues. Unfortunately if you're at the point that you're at, it means that the data in your local database is slightly incorrect (the items are fine, their version numbers are not). The easiest way around this would be to remove the Teams account and re-add it once you have 5.5.BETA-30. Before you do that, I recommend that you check to see if you have any items that are marked "Rejected by Server" that don't appear on the 1Password for Teams website. If you do, you'll want to copy those to another vault (one not tied to the Teams account) before removing the account, so that you can copy it back afterwards.

I'm really sorry that you've had such a bad time with syncing of data in 1Password for Teams. We'll get all of this fixed up.

Rick

• corvock
    corvock
    Community Member
    Options

I updated my desktop, removed the team and added it back. Everything came back as shown on the website, and I was able to clear out the vault and reimport the data back in. It is working well now!

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Rick, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.