iCloud Synched System Access on Windows 10 [Switched to Dropbox]

Options
GoodBits
GoodBits
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I use iCloud Sync for my Mac and iOS Devices But also Have a Windows PC. How do you advise my synching with Windows 10? I also use 1Password for Teams and need that synched over as well.

1Password Version: 6.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb-search:how to log into my account during setup?, kb:icloud-faq

Comments

• Hi @GoodBits,

Please read my comment here to see the answer for your iCloud sync question. Basically, your options are:

1. Switch to Dropbox to sync between OS X, iOS, and Windows or
    2. Use a mix of local folder sync between computers while using one PC to pair with your iOS devices to sync via Wi-Fi

In the future, once we release an update to 1Password for Windows that includes 1Password for Teams support, you'd be able to use Teams to sync between all platforms and remove the need to use either iCloud or Dropbox.

For now, there isn't to combine everything you want in a single program. We do have a beta version of 1Password in the Windows 10 Store that will let you sync your Teams data but it is not complete yet and will not support extensions for now.

• GoodBits
    GoodBits
    Community Member
    Options

For now, I will chose option 2. Can you please point me to instructions for adding local folder sync to an environment that is already using iCloud sync.

• Hi @GoodBits,

Can you email us your diagnostics reports first, so we can match the instructions to your settings. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report from both your Mac and Windows PC. Include both reports in the same email if you can and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• GoodBits
    GoodBits
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind, it seems to have connected to DropBox.

• Hi @GoodBits,

So, are you saying you'll stick with Dropbox and you're all good to go?

• GoodBits
    GoodBits
    Community Member
    Options

Yes

• That's great, thanks for letting us know.

If there's anything else we can do to help, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.