Try to get sync working btw. Mac and Windows.

Options

Want to use my 1Pw tresor stored in iCloud on my Windows system too. How to get this working?
I sync my tresor currently btw. OSX and iOS devices, working very fine! And now I've bought a Windows version yesterday at your online store. So on my Windows 7 system there is the Apple iCloud sync service working and only enabled to sync icloud. Then I installed your latest version and find no way to allocate the 1pw tresor file there. What do I wrong?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.598
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Want to use my 1Pw tresor stored in iCloud on my Windows system too. How to get this working?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2016
    Options

Hi @MichaelH,

You didn't do anything wrong. At the moment, we don't have the capability to use CloudKit APIs on Windows, which means 1Password cannot use iCloud Sync on Windows yet. I'll explain more about this in the last paragraph here.

Dropbox is the only cloud-based sync solution you can use to sync between Windows, OS X, and iOS (and Android as well).

There is another way to do a local sync only but it is a bit of a hassle compared to Dropbox. You can sync your file locally between your PCs and Macs using Folder Sync and then pick one computer to pair with your iOS device for Wi-Fi syncing. This requires you to manually sync by opening 1Password apps on the paired PC and iOS devices, unlock them first and then sync.

We'd be happy to help you with either one, just let us know which one you'd like to use.

As for iCloud Sync, iCloud Drive and iCloud Sync (powered by Apple's CloudKit APIs) are two separate services by Apple. You're using iCloud Drive on your PC but it doesn't include CloudKit APIs for the Windows programs to use. 1Password is using the latter, the CloudKit APIs. That's why you don't see any files in iCloud Drive for any apps using CloudKit APIs.

iCloud Drive is more of a cloud-based folder to store your static files in but not for syncing your app data. CloudKit is more of an isolated database for the apps to use with your iCloud Account, each app gets their own database in the user's account hosted by Apple. Since it is using your iCloud account to sync the app data, it's called iCloud Sync but it is causing confusion between various services provided by Apple under the same iCloud branding.

This discussion has been closed.