littlebobbytables
1Password Alumni

Comments

• plumbago
    plumbago
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I downloaded 1Password for a 30-day trial earlier in the evening, and then purchased it and ordered the license. Will this be confusing? I just added a string of plus signs to the account. None of them look populated, but they are at least in alphabetical order, and I filed the program in applications. I am not even sure what they all stand for, but I added everything that looked important! Nothing has come through yet in my e-mail as confirmation of purchase. You come highly recommended by The Mac Spa in Denver. Just thought I would give them a plug:)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @plumbago,

I hope you don't mind but I've split your question off from the other thread as it looks like they might be quite different.

Now onto your question!

If you purchased a 1Password for Mac licence from our AgileBits Store then registering the licence with the trial copy of 1Password should be fairly straightforward. All copies of 1Password downloaded from our AgileBits Download page actually start off in a trial mode if a licence hasn't been used on this Mac before so it isn't possible to download a copy that knows your licence (if that makes sense).

We have a page in our knowledge base titled How do I add my license to 1Password? and this is all you should need to do. There is no need to download a new copy, no moving your vault etc. It should be as simple as you register your licence file with 1Password and then done :smile:

For adding new Login items and getting the most out of 1Password may I recommend the Getting Started section of our Mac guide, starting at section 1.4, Installing browser extensions. This may help you get a feel for 1Password and how it works and of course if you ever have any questions please do reach out to us as we do monitor the forums every day.

Now I did try searching our records for the email address you're using here in our forums but I didn't find a purchase. It might be you used another email address or you may have purchased from Apple's Mac App Store which is very different from our own AgileBits Store. In fact if you did purchase from Apple please do let us know as everything I've described above doesn't apply there but we have tried to make the transition easy and we'll take you through it if that's the case :smile:

This discussion has been closed.