Memory Leak in 1Password mini?

Options
ag_kevin
edited February 2016 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1 Password mini chewing up activity.

I've split this into a separate thread because the previous thread was regarding writing excessive amounts of data to disk, rather than a memory leak.

Comments

• nonagon
    nonagon
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I had my Mac running for a very long time (possibly months) without restarting, and last week 1password mini's memory usage was around 40 GB in Activity Monitor.

Are there any confirmed reports of a memory leak in 1password mini?

I'm using v6.0.2 (602004) on OS X 10.11.3

• Hi @nonagon ,

We aren't aware of any memory leaks, but we certainly can look into it. To help diagnose your particular instance, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better see what is going on.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and help us out. We really appreciate it!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• nonagon
    nonagon
    Community Member
    Options

No problem, I just sent the email and received support ID number [#KKX-23525-767].

Regards,
    Jeremy

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @nonagon! We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Cheers! :)

ref: KKX-23525-767

• jmstacey
    jmstacey
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to chime in that I see this issue as well. Several times now I've caught mini consuming hundreds of megabytes of memory when it typically hovers in the 30MB range normally. I've sent an email with screenshot and process sample, but next time I'll capture and send a full diagnostic if this hasn't been fixed by then.

• Hi @jmstacey and @nonagon,

We've fixed several leaks in 1Password mini during the development of 1Password 6.2 which we're hoping to release soon. The best way to help us fix these issues in the future is to get the output of the leaks tool in the terminal.

Rick

• jmstacey
    jmstacey
    Community Member
    Options

I've captured sysdiagnose as well as leaks and sent via email. Original issue [#NAK-71131-955] and sysdiag with [#WTP-71251-216].

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmstacey,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I see that you're already having a conversation with someone from our support team. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: NAK-71131-955

• keldvraakjaer
    keldvraakjaer
    Community Member
    Options

I experienced the same thing, 1Password mini took around 5 minutes to open up every time, and everything was slow. In the activity monitor it was using 5GB out of my available 8GB memory.. Forgot to capture any logs..

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @keldvraakjaer,

Could you please let us know which version of 1Password you’re currently using? You can check you version number by choosing the 1Password menu and selecting ‘About 1Password’.

• nonagon
    nonagon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I've been running 1Password 6.2.1 (under OS X 10.11.4) since it was released, and there still appears to be a problem with 1Password mini's memory footprint growing (and the act of unlocking it seems to slow down the longer it's been running too). It's been running for a least a week and Activity Monitor shows its memory usage as 463 MB (compressed memory is showing as 748 KB though).

I ran leaks on it from the Terminal and it's showing:
    leaks Report Version: 2.0
    Process 6751: 5073292 nodes malloced for 397585 KB
    Process 6751: 14 leaks for 736 total leaked bytes.

so I don't think it's a memory leak per se. Please let me know if I can provide any more info.

Thanks!
    Jeremy

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nonagon,

@rickfillion (who you spoke with about this issue via email a couple months ago) has been working away at this bug, which we've all become aware of as the "slow mini unlock issue," and it seems we may have a fix, currently in beta.

Please see Rick's announcement in this forum for details, and go ahead and install the beta if you'd like to. I hope this helps! :)
    ref: KKX-23525-767
    ref: OPM-3829

• nonagon
    nonagon
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try the betas and see if it's better. Thanks!
    Jeremy

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nonagon let us know how things work out!

• nonagon
    nonagon
    Community Member
    Options

I've been running 6.3 since it was released and so far no slow unlocking behavior at all. Thank you for the fix!!

Jeremy

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am glad to hear that everything's working as expected. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 8-)

This discussion has been closed.