I get this: The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or mo

Options
rmerritt1
rmerritt1
Community Member

Here's the whole message: The 1Password Database could not be backed up. Database exists but is invalid. One or more keys files may be missing.

The missing files are probably in Trash, but I don't know which to use or how to get them back into 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:diagnostics, kb:backup-faq, kb:diagnostics

Comments

• rmerritt1
    rmerritt1
    Community Member
    Options

1Password
    Version 6.1 (610006)
    Mac App Store
    Mac Version 10.14.4 (15E65)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rmerritt1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with 1Password. Please try this:

• Use ⌘⌃Q ( Command-Control-Q ) to quit both 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Launch 1Password and use File > Backup to create a new backup.

Does this work?

• jcohen
    jcohen
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan, my problem is that it seems that I have two 1password programs running at the same time because I go to file>backup and I can do the backup without problem and I even see all the backups that have been done but I´m still receiving the error message.
    OSX El capitan 10.11.4
    1Password 6
    Version 6.2.1 (621002)
    AgileBits Store

Regards

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jcohen,

Let’s take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• qchivers
    qchivers
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I have the same problem...
    Restart didn't correct the problem-

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @qchivers,

Sorry you've also run into trouble with 1Password backups and that a restart didn't fix it. So we can best help you get it working properly, please send us a diagnostics report with the instructions Megan posted in her reply right before your post. Thanks!

• qchivers
    qchivers
    Community Member
    Options

Great thanks so much for the quick reply I have sent diagnostic report... Love 1 password recommend to many however the error message pops up every 30 min or so and is a little annoying. Only happens on my Macbook Pro.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @qchivers. :)

I've found your email with the diagnostics and sent you a reply with instructions for removing 1Password 3 leftovers that appear to be interfering with your 1Password 6 backups. We'll continue the conversation through email so we're not getting support wires tangled between here and there. :)

Cheers!

ref: ZUD-64414-828

• qchivers
    qchivers
    Community Member
    Options

Appears to be Working now thanks alot-

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing the news here that the 1Password 3 cleanup did the trick. :+1::chuffed:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! Indeed, those steps should solve the error message from the first post in this discussion. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any further followups about this issue can be posted in the more recent related discussion:

Persistent "Database Exists But Is Invalid" alert on my Mac

This older one has now been closed. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.