Drew_AG
Drew_AG
1Password Alumni

Comments

• ahrickenbacker
    ahrickenbacker
    Community Member
    Options

New problem: bot an iPad, installed 1 Password app, enabled Safari extension, touch ID, synced everything, dragged 1Password icon to share bar. When I open a website I want to log into, press the share button, press 1Password, tap the app in the list of log-ins, no password is filled in. Evidently I have skipped something?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ahrickenbacker,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the 1Password extension on your iPad! Since this unrelated to the previous thread and is about a problem with the iOS version of 1Password, I've moved your message to our iOS forum.

It sounds like you've enabled the 1Password extension by following the steps here: Enable the extension

Then, it sounds like you're trying to have 1Password fill login details on a website by following these steps: Fill items in Safari

If that's what you're doing, but nothing is filled in the sign-in form fields on that site, is that a problem for that one specific website/Login item? Or do you also have trouble with your other Login items on other websites? Is this Login item one that you created on your Mac, and does it fill the website properly in a web browser on your Mac?

If you don't mind, would you be able to let us know the URL of the website where you're running into this problem?

Thanks in advance! :)

• ahrickenbacker
    ahrickenbacker
    Community Member
    Options

The problem seems to occur when I try to log in to bank sites. I can now get an automatic fill in (don't know how I achieved that) for Wells Fargo but the bank says it doesn't recognize the info. The info DOES work flawlessly with this app on my mac, and I have enabled sync via iCloud so I don't understand why the app doesn't recognize the info when submitted on the iPad.

• ahrickenbacker
    ahrickenbacker
    Community Member
    Options

OK, so, with very few hairs left on my head, I figured out that syncing between the Mac and iPad doesn't really work all that well. I found a way to edit the old password on the iPad to match the one on the Mac and got into the bank site from the iPad. Fitbit doesn't play well with 1Password either so I suppose one by one I will wrestle until they all work.By that time I will be bald or dead. The main thing I care about is the bank so I can conduct business when away from home on the Mac!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ahrickenbacker,

I’m sorry that this process has been a bit stressful for you! If you’re having difficulty syncing with iCloud, we should take a look at that. The first step is to read through our support article:

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

If all of those things check out, our next step is to run a quick test:

• Create a test entry on your Mac ("Test, Mac") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on each of your mobile devices ("Test, mobile") and add some data
    • Does "Test, Mac" show up on either of your mobile devices?
    • Does "Test, mobile" show up on your Mac?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment.

• eccomarco
    eccomarco
    Community Member
    Options

I have problem that sign on doesn't work with bank site. What is the solution?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ecoomarco what banking site is affected?

This discussion has been closed.