Options
Stumble_T
Stumble_T
Community Member
edited September 2016 in iOS

Device: Iphone 6s
1Password iOS Version: 6.4.4

Issue:
After iOS 10 update, 1password will not open with previously set touch id.
1Password now requires input of master password.
Upon input of master password, 1Password app does not recognize the correct master password.
Master password verified correct in desktop app 6.3.2 for Mac OS.
No other 1password accounts previously used or synced with the trouble account.
Please advise solution.
Thanks!

1Password Version:_6.4.4 (iOS)
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mmaitzen
    mmaitzen
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated and I am having the exact same problem. What can I do?
    iPhone 5s, password syncs through Dropbox and it does have the file in it.

• mmaitzen
    mmaitzen
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

On a hunch, I deleted 1Password from my phone and reinstalled it from the app store. I went through the dialogues to sync it to my Dropbox file but it still will not accept the master password. I double checked the file name and location using the MacOS 1Password and I know it's correct. It just does not want that password. I also tried the previous password and that does not work either. Are we two the only ones having this problem?
    Also, I tried shutting down the phone and re-starting it.

• Hi folks!

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble. I can't say I've heard other reports of this but that is not to say that there aren't other customers experiencing this same frustration.

It is especially strange that after uninstalling and reinstalling on iOS after verifying the Mac can unlock, that you cannot unlock the file in Dropbox.

Here is what I would suggest. Create a new vault on iOS. Then try setting up Dropbox sync:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

If you still have difficulties I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Stumble_T
    Stumble_T
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben,
    The only solution I could find was to delete 1Password and reinstall the app.
    I would have loved to have sent a diagnostic report, but this was impossible seeing as I could not use the master password to login in the first place.
    Here are 2 previous threads on this support forum with similar issues.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/69078/1password-master-password-not-working#latest

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68040/master-password-not-recognized-on-ipad-ios-10-0-14a5341a-but-it-is-recognized-on-iphone-model-me29

• @Stumble_T I'm glad to hear reinstalling resolved the issue for you. :)

Ben

• mmaitzen
    mmaitzen
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to create a vault in iCloud but I was unable to figure out how to connect to that new vault on the Mac. Since the new vault had nothing in it I didn't know how this helped. Then I tried deleting iPassword again and reinstalled from my iTunes account (now that I am home) but everything acted the same. As Stumble_T said, I don't know how to generate a diagnostic report if I can't get in. Is one just from the Mac app enough to do anything? This was not a subscription version. Will that make a difference?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mmaitzen

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble! Can you still access your data on other devices? I think a Diagnostics Report at least from the Mac could start to give us some insight on what's going on, some details about how you've configured Dropbox, etc. Could you please do this for us? I hope to get this all sorted out for you soon :chuffed:

• mmaitzen
    mmaitzen
    Community Member
    Options

Did you receive the diagnostic report I sent? I referenced this discussion as indicated.

• @mmaitzen

The last email I see from you in our inbox was from 4 months ago. Did you get a support ID from BitBot? If so please post it here.

Ben

• mmaitzen
    mmaitzen
    Community Member
    Options

"1Password 5 Diagnostics Report for mmaitzen" was the subject generated by your report generator. I entered the address of this discussion "https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/327597#Comment_327597" as part of the body. I did not have a support ID only this discussion. This is as you suggested in your first post to this thread above.
    MRM

• @mmaitzen

As far as I can tell we have not received it. I cannot find any emails with that subject line. When we do receive an email from you an automated reply is set out from BitBot. This will have a support ID in it. Please try re-sending your report, and post the support ID back here.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

Ben

• kevinbuhler
    kevinbuhler
    Community Member
    Options

Hey guys- a client of mine is experiencing the exact same issue after IOS 10 upgrade, only on the subscription, not Dropbox.

They've been using Touch ID but after IOS 10 the fingerprint icon disappeared from the unlock screen. And their master password isn't working (or they forgot it... I'm frankly not sure which).

Any chance of restoring the Touch ID so they can login? Otherwise their entire password database is lost... yikes.

• mmaitzen
    mmaitzen
    Community Member
    Options

I sent another report to support+forum@agilebits.com and the one that the report generates, Agile Support Jedi support@agilebits.com. I referenced the title of this question, Won't Accept Master Password after iOS 10 update. Let me know when you get it. This has been taking a long time to deal with and it is getting pretty frustrating.

• mmaitzen
    mmaitzen
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I created a backup vault and put it in the same folder on Dropbox. Later I will try to bring that vault up on my phone and see if that works. If so, the only thing I am not sure of is how to get it back to the primary that all the other devices are using. Only way to keep everything in sync. Let me know if you have any ideas and if you looked at the report.

• mmaitzen
    mmaitzen
    Community Member
    Options

Update 2: The good news is that I was able to log into the backup vault I put right next to the Primary in Dropbox with the phone. Again my current problem is how do I make that my Primary for everything so syncing will occur for all devices? I could move everything over to the backup but then what? Delete the old Primary? Would that make it primary by default? Let me know. I don't want to mess this up.

• Hi @mmaitzen

We received your report this time. We'll continue the conversation via email. Thanks!

Ben

ref: HRK-14972-334

• Hi @kevinbuhler

Touch ID is only available if the (protected) Master Password is stored in the iOS keychain. If for whatever reason it is removed from there then Touch ID becomes unavailable, and the only way to restore it is to enter the (correct) Master Password.

If the client is using a 1Password.com account then they should have printed their Emergency Kit as instructed during setup which will give them all the information they need to get back on track. If they do not have that, the only other way in is by having another admin on the account assist them with account recovery:

1Password Teams Admin Guide: Account Recovery

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• kevinbuhler
    kevinbuhler
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben-

The client does indeed have the Emergency Kit. So we have everything but the master password... can we still get back on track with the Emergency Kit even if we don't have the master password?

• No, unfortunately not. All of the pieces are required. There is a spot on the Emergency Kit to write in the Master Password. I assume they did not do that?

Is there perhaps another organizer on the account (assuming this is a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account)? If so they could go through the recovery process described above.

Without either the Master Password or another organizer/admin there is no way in.

Ben

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member
    Options

I Ben, my iphone wont reconise my password, works well with windows and ipad.
    I'm using iphone 7, ios 10.0.2, sync with Dropbox.
    I uninstall the app and reinstall it, trying to connect to .opvault and my password do not connect, I'm trying both the old one and the new one.
    I change my master password with ipad and windows without problem.

Any issue to the problem above?

Pierre

• Pierrehf
    Pierrehf
    Community Member
    Options

I have my answer on this post:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/329409#Comment_329409

I have my app on the iphone again.

Thanks to the team

Pierre

• :+1: :)