I am new to 1password, just started trying it today. I hope I am posting in the right place. Apologies in advance if I should've posted this somewhere else.
Here are some of my initial questions that I hope can be answered.
- Is there 2 factor authentication? Or does Account Key replace it?
- What is the account key anyway? It seems to me to really be just a second password that's auto generated for you. Is there a difference between the master password and account key in terms of how it secures the account?
- I was under the impression that the account key is stored offline. However, I can access it https://my.1password.com/profile. What's up with that?
- What is the latest Google Chrome extension? I downloaded the 1Password 6 Beta for Windows, and it keeps reporting that my chrome extension is out of date even though I .
- How does the pin code on android actually work? I set a pin code but when I try to use the 1Password keyboard to auto fill, it still asks me for my Master Password. If I close the 1Password app then try to reopen it, it asks me for the Master Password too. The pin code is pretty much never used from what I can tell.
- For some reason, when trying to add a new item using the Windows App, the . Is this a bug?
- Is there an easier way to access the random password generator other than opening the App and adding a new item?
- It seems to me that my.1password.com is not a domain excluded from Autosaving passwords by default. Would it would make more sense to do so since we probably don't want to save our master password?
That's all for now.
Thanks in advance!
1Password Version: 6.0.231d
Extension Version: 220.127.116.11
OS Version: Windows 10/Android
Sync Type: 1password account