How to fill credit card items via 1Password 6's mini

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is windows version deserted?.

Comments

• weber022676
    weber022676
    Community Member
    Options

"We've been supporting the integration for the 1Password browser extensions from the beginning and we do support filling in your credit card information. Click on 1Password icon and search for the credit card item to select it and 1Password will fill it. This is also true for the Identity items."

I can't fill in credit card or identity information from the browser extension. Nothing happens when I click on the field in the website. Am I missing something? Sorry for what might be a dumb question.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @weber022676,

It's not at all, it is very confusing to use right now because of the lack of category groupings in 1Password mini.

Nothing happens when I click on the field in the website.

I'm not sure what field you're talking about but here's how this work:

1. When you're on the website that is asking for the credit card information, click on 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar or use the keyboard shortcut, Control + Alt + \.
    2. Search for the credit card, you can type right away to narrow down the list to find your credit card item. Click on it or arrow down to press enter on the selected credit card item.

1Password will then fill in your data into the site's credit card forms.

• weber022676
    weber022676
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

"Search for the credit card, you can type right away to narrow down the list to find your credit card item. Click on it or arrow down to press enter on the selected credit card item."

I can't do this. I can't access any credit card or login info from the chrome extension. When I type to narrow down the list the only things that I can select are website login data and notes that I have stored. My credit card numbers and identity info doesn't show up as an option??

• weber022676
    weber022676
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

If I go the the extension and then open the app I have all the info there. It's just not available from the extension by itself and therefore not able to be filled into the website.

• Hi @weber022676,

I've split our conversation into its own thread here.

Is it possible that 1Password mini is currently showing a different vault instead of All Vaults like in the main 1Password app?

Try to open 1Password mini via clicking on 1Password icon in your browser, click on the vault selector on the top left to change to All Vaults. Does that show you the items?

• weber022676
    weber022676
    Community Member
    Options

Got it. My mistake. I was searching for the category title Credit Cards or Identities and not the individual credit card name or the identity name. Thanks for your help.

• Ah, gotcha, thanks for letting me know!

This discussion has been closed.