Save login manually instructions don't match my screen in any browser.

Options

I am a new user to 1Password. I am trying to save my passwords and one of the sites I use doesn't save automatically. Ok. So I look up the instructions on how to manually save a password, which tells me to click the little 1password icon (got it) and click the gear symbol (got it) and choose "Save new Login" which isn't even an option on my dropdown. I tried this in firefox and chrome--not an option. Very frustrated. The only options I get in either browser are "Options", "Open 1Password", "Password Generator", "Lock", and "1 password 6.3.359d" whatever that is.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Save login manually instructions don't match my screen in any browser.

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @marjanna. Thanks for your post. Welcome to our forums! Unfortunately, 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't have the manual save feature. This is coming soon. In the meantime, can you let us know if you're having a problem with a specific site? Perhaps there's something besides manual save that can help speed things along. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• Mike_D
    Mike_D
    Community Member
    Options

This features existed when I first bought 1Password and you took it out? This is incredibly frustrating. I've had to manually create a bunch of logins over the past few months, and when I forget or don't have time, I have to go through the password retrieval process. This is exactly what I bought 1Password to avoid! What is the expected date for this feature to re-appear? Or do I do what everyone tells me, give up on your neglected software, and switch to LastPass? Because this is the last straw with your buggy, slow app.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mike_D,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and I'm sorry that this feature hasn't been added yet. We chose to re-write the 1Password for Windows app from scratch in version 6 so unfortunately we're playing catchup to get back to the features we had in 1Password version 4. We had good reasons why we chose to do this and I think I will point you to this great post that our CEO wrote that describes why we chose to re-write 1Password for Windows instead of bolting on new features to the old version 4 app.

Hopefully we'll be able to re-implement this feature for you soon, I unfortunately can't give any exact timelines for when. I hope that post answers your questions but if you have any other questions or comments I'd love to hear them.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.