Any plans to add complications to 1password for apple watch?

Adding complication to 1password would allow fast selection of app from a watch face.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: watchos3.1.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:apple watch complications

Comments

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@gmaddry: It's something we may do in the future, but I have to be honest, you're only the second person I recall asking about it. My complications real estate is spoken for, and I'm not sure I'd want 1Password there anyway. Nothing against 1Password, but I keep things I use over and over again there, and things that can give me useful information at a glance (lowercase "g"). I'm not sure what we could do with 1Password besides putting the logo on the watch face. That's cool, but not as useful as other complications I've used. I actually have 1Password pinned to the Dock though, so it's still easy to get to and fast to launch. I'd love to hear more about how you use 1Password on your watch though, and how you'd like to in the future. Maybe there's something great we can do. :)

• I may be using 1Password a little differently. I agree space is limited on a watch face and I too use it for things I go to often or want to see on the the face such as weather. But I use 1Password notes for lists I want to see on my watch as so far I have found 1Password to be the most reliable in updating the watch. For now I too have 1Password on the dock.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@gmaddry: Cool. Even with the more established 1Password apps, I encounter people using them in ways I hadn't considered myself. But especially with the relatively new Apple Watch, many of us are still figuring out how it fits into our lives, so it's always cool to hear what others are doing.

I will say that, generally speaking, 1Password isn't designed as a list app, so I'm not sure that this is a direction we'll go. But it's definitely good feedback, and something to consider. Personally, while there are a ton of cheap and free list apps out there, I use OmniFocus. It isn't cheap (it's much more than a list app), but their Apple Watch app is brilliant.

• I have tried Draft and Toodledo and both were more than I needed for the simple list for groceries of 5 to 10 items. Also using 1Password reduces the number of apps on the watch as I would have it on for TOTP anyway. Also many of those other apps don't have a windows version or way to interface with lists created on windows that lets them out for me.

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

Ah, that makes sense. Cheers! :)