Trailing "?" added to Safari URL

Options
c224
c224
Community Member
edited May 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm having the exact issue from this following closed thread which was once resolved. The problem is now happening again with 1Password Safari Extension 4.6.4.

Most websites don't mind the trailing "?", but chase.com doesn't like it at all. It's adding a trailing "?" to every login item as far as I can tell when performing the "open and fill" action.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/60752/

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kvnhe,

Thank you for taking the time to report this! I've been able to reproduce that as well with the latest extension version. I've moved this thread to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum so the right people will see it, and I will also let our developers know about it.

In case it matters, do you happen to remember if you downloaded the extension from our own extension download site or from Apple's Safari Extension Gallery? And by any chance have you tried the 1Password extension in any other browsers? (You don't need to do that if you haven't already, I was just curious.) Thanks! :)

• c224
    c224
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG

Downloaded from your own extension site. Safari is my default browser and "open and fill" opens the page in Safari, so I don't know if it's affecting other browsers.

Launching a login item from the ⌥⌘\ window does work fine, with no trailing "?" added to the opened URL.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kvnhe,

Thank you for reporting this. I had expected Safari to behave the same way as the likes of Chrome given how we work with the URL so this surprised me. We will add a guard to ensure the trailing question mark is properly removed.

ref: OPX-1363

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kvnhe,

Now it's a bit of a pain in Safari but I thought you might be interested to learn we released a new beta today that should fix the issue you've been seeing. To try the beta out in Safari you would need to do the following.

1. Uninstall the existing copy of the 1Password Safari Extension.
    2. Restart Safari (to avoid weird issues).
    3. Download the beta from 1Password Browser Extensions.

The pain bit with Safari is Safari won't automatically update the beta or move you to the stable later so it's a case of occasionally visiting the Extensions tab in Safari and seeing if there is a little notification at the bottom of the extension list on the left hand side as this is where Safari will tell you of any pending updates to extensions not from the Safari Extension Gallery.

We just released version 4.6.6.BETA-1 so once you either notice that we've released the stable version of 4.6.6 or the first beta after that (which would be 4.6.7.BETA-1) you can return to the stable as that stable will have this update.

Even if you just run the beta long enough to confirm the fix works for any sites that you know have been affected by this that would be great. I'm confident but there's only so much that testing catches, it's always the real world usage that finds the weird corner cases we just didn't have the foresight to think of.

• c224
    c224
    Community Member
    Options

Downloading from the beta link gave me 1Password-4.6.5.b3.safariextz. However, Safari did prompt to update to 4.6.6 b1.

So far, so good with the beta—no more "?" added to the end of URLs.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for confirming. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! Glad that helped, and we're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.