Firefox Extension Nonfunctional - Button Greyed Out

Options

The Firefox 1P extension no longer works. It's greyed out. Does not respond to the hotkey. I reinstalled the extension and refreshed Firefox preferences and reinstalled Firefox, and rebooted the Mac but it's still stuck. Firefox v55.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mgol
    mgol
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

My wife who uses Windows 10 just got her update to Firefox 55 and the button is greyed out for her as well. Rebooting, restarting the browser or disabling & re-enabling the extension doesn't work either.

She uses 1Password 6, we have the 1password.com Families account.

EDIT: I opened the 1Password app and there was an update for it. I applied it and the extension got alive again!

@1TicketTerm does that help in your case?

• bearahu
    bearahu
    Community Member
    Options

I also have the issue that 1P also does work on Firefox version 55.0 for mac. We are running 1P 5 due to certain features being disabled in 1P 6. Repeated attempts to reinstall, restart etc have not been successful.

• mgol
    mgol
    Community Member
    Options

@bearahu As far as I know the latest version of the extension has been migrated away from an old-style XUL-based add-on to the new WebExtension-based, largely compatible with Chrome. This was needed as starting with November 2017 no other types of extensions will work. The WebExtension version uses native messaging that most likely is not supported in 1Password 5 so it can't work with it.

Even if you found & installed an older version of the extension, it will stop working in the next few months anyway. I think you have to choose between the extension not working at all or it working but with 1Password 6.

• 1TicketTerm
    1TicketTerm
    Community Member
    Options

mgol: yes, thanks much. That did seem to be the issue. Working fine now.

• bearahu
    bearahu
    Community Member
    Options

@mgol Thanks for the response. I figured that was the issue. We'll have to rethink how we use 1P.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for helping point folks in the right direction, @mgol. :chuffed: It is correct that 1Password 6 is required for Firefox compatibility on Mac now. I updated our legacy page today with the new details. Anyone that can use 1Password 5 is entitled to a free update to 1Password 6 and 1Password 6 supports all the way back to 10.10, so there shouldn't be any barriers to upgrading that I know of.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• 1TicketTerm
    1TicketTerm
    Community Member
    Options

Note that I was running 6.7 when I had this problem, not 5.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for clarifying, @1TicketTerm. Updating to 6.8 sounds like it did the trick for you. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• 1TicketTerm
    1TicketTerm
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it seems fine now.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

• 1TicketTerm
    1TicketTerm
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible to stop notifications on this thread? I want to keep notifications, but just not this one.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1TicketTerm,

If you edit your profile here in the forums you should find there is a section titled Notification Preferences. The first option is titled Notify me when people comment on my discussions. and if you disable this you should stop getting notifications from this thread. When somebody from AgileBits replies we always mention the user (like Jamie and I have done) and you will still get notified as long as Notify me when people mention me. is enabled in some way. If you want notifications for specific threads you will want to have Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions. enabled in some way and then mark a thread as a favourite.

I hope that helps.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1TicketTerm,

In additional to what littlebobbytables suggested, I've split off some of the comments from here into a new discussion:

1Password extension in Firefox not working with 1Password 4 for Windows

And since everything else in this discussion has been resolved, I've now closed it so new comments won't be posted and trigger unwanted notifications. Please start a new discussion if we can help you with anything else, or would like me to reopen this one so you can add more here. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.