Easy-to-fix UI bug in 1Password Mini

Options
ayembee
ayembee
Community Member

1Password Mini's drop-down menu seems to hide the last few items; I don't see any way to prevent this behaviour? There is clearly an acre of screen-space available, but every time I want to look at those categories, I have to click to reveal them. Can it just be fixed so they are all always visible? Would be much more convenient... Thanks!

(Screenshot attached for clarity)

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ayembee: I think your display is much bigger than mine! :lol: It's definitely something we can consider changing as we design future versions of 1Password. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

• ayembee
    ayembee
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Lol... just a vanilla 5K screen 8-) I’d imagine any of the desktops (or the pro laptops?) will similarly have plenty of space though. Cheers!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ayembee - I have the same 5K iMac setup, and yes, there's a vast amount of available space. If you have many accounts at the same website (as a lot of our users do at some places like Google, etc), and we made the default behavior to automatically show all available items, it might seem a lot more crowded, however. And we wouldn't want things to seem half-vast. ;)

However, on an individual basis, this post from AG_Kevin may have what you're looking for.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Lol... just a vanilla 5K screen 8-)

"Vanilla" and "5K" seem oxymoronic to me. :lol:

I’d imagine any of the desktops (or the pro laptops?) will similarly have plenty of space though. Cheers!

I wish! I've got a 15", want a 13", but I'd really like it to magically have a bigger screen. :lol:

• ayembee
    ayembee
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

@Lars fantastic! That absolutely did the trick; all categories now visible :)

Might make for a handy prefs setting in the UI? (There do only seem to be 10 categories though; did I miss an option to create more somewhere? Custom categories might be handy from an organisational perspective)

defaults write 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper OPPrefCategoryShowMoreLimit -int -1

@brenty, I'm holding out for the inevitable 8K screens, ahaha... ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hahaha sounds good! :lol: :+1:

Glad Lars (and Kevin) 's suggestion helped. There's a limit to how many checkboxes we want in the app, but it's something we'll consider for the future — or perhaps it won't be necessary if we redesign things. Custom categories are definitely something we'd like to do in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.