[Feature Request] Login Sync Between App and Extension

The browser extension requires the desktop app, right?

I feel like if I log into either the browser extension or the browser app, it should automatically unlock the other one as well. Right now, I have to login twice (once in my browser and once on my desktop app), which is time consuming and annoying.

Could the 1password team consider this?

Version: 1Password X Beta 1.5.3

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 1Password X, the desktop app is not needed.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@netname: Thanks for getting in touch! And sorry for the confusion. Totally our fault, but in time things will be simplified. :)

The browser extension requires the desktop app, right?

The desktop browser extension requires 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows. But 1Password X does not; it runs entirely within the browser, which is handy for situations where people can't or won't install the desktop apps.

I feel like if I log into either the browser extension or the browser app, it should automatically unlock the other one as well. Right now, I have to login twice (once in my browser and once on my desktop app), which is time consuming and annoying. Could the 1password team consider this? Version: 1Password X Beta 1.5.3

It isn't something that's possible now, but definitely something we're looking into adding in the future. In the mean time, as they say, "There's an app for that!" — just install the desktop extension if you want it to integrate with the native apps. Cheers! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file