1Password 7 and conversion of folders to tags during initial import to 1Password.com

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

First of all, great to here that 1Password 7 Beta is here. Unfortunately (or luckily?) I'm going to a holiday trip now so I don't have a way to test this myself.
I'd like to know if the conversion from folders to tags is now also available in the Mac beta, as it already is in the 1P7 Windows beta.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dianeoforegon
    Dianeoforegon
    Community Member
    Options

My folders were converted to tags.

• Hey there @Manaburner, thanks for the question! As @Dianeoforegon confirms, folders are indeed converted to tags. Thanks for posting!

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Dianeoforegon and @MrRooni . That's great

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• Regent12
    Regent12
    Community Member
    Options

re: Folders converted to tags during import... sadly I lost all of my carefully curated folders during import into 1Password 7. I only see a few tags that already existed. I had many, many client folders. Just one of a series of issues experienced while attempting to upgrade/import.

• Jacob
    Options

@Regent12 We added a tool in 1Password 7.0.3 that lets you manually convert folders to tags. Could you update to that, switch to the vault you want to convert them on, and and click Help > Tools > Migrate Folders to Tags? Let us know how that goes.

• Regent12
    Regent12
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob Thanks for the suggestion/followup here re folders/tags. I did ultimately resolve my issue(s) after multiple painstaking efforts, assisted by Corey C. Documented everything here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90750/cannot-import-1password-6-into-v7

Thanks again.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Regent12 Sorry for all the trouble there! I'm glad you got everything solved :)

This discussion has been closed.