Item details Unreadable in Mini with Dark Menubar

Options
alexclst
alexclst
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

In the first 1Password 7 beta the main item details in 1Password Mini are completely unreadable when the dark menubar and Dock are enabled. See the screenshot:

I fully expect there to be bugs in the first beta, so I’m not hugely surprised, but I wanted to report this.

1Password Version: 7.0 beta 1
Extension Version: only use in Safari, so same as app
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @alexclst! Thanks for the report. A few other folks noticed this as well. We'll get it fixed up :)

ref: apple-110

• genimac
    genimac
    Community Member
    Options

I use Dark Mode and I get this using 7 Beta 4 on it.
    Is it because I'm not registered yet?
    I know passwords can be show or not but the color scheme is hard to read for me. I have to mouse the mouse until the copy button "appears".

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• genimac
    genimac
    Community Member
    Options

move the mouse* :)
    MacOS 10.13.4

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's a bug: see this thread.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

I’ve merged a couple of threads on the same subject. Please see above. Thanks.

Ben

• macguy918
    macguy918
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to view or copy username/passwords using the new in-app extension for Safari I get the attached display. The username and password labels need to be darker and the username/password data does not display correctly if at all.

Also I cannot enter any data in the Additional Information fields on this form so here is the info:

Version (1Password) 7 Beta-4

In-App Extension

OS 10.13.4

Sync Type: Family Subscription

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is a bug when using dark mode. Please see this thread (which includes the AgileBits' response).

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist, @Stephen_C. I've merged the threads. Please see above.

Ben

• patte
    patte
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. I will sit down in the corner over there to get notified when someone posts that Beta-5 fixes this.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @patte

From the beta 5 release notes: “The new detail view looks significantly better in dark mode.“ So hopefully that is the case. :) Please let us know if not.

Ben

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben - While slightly better in beta 5, the choice of blue as a text color for numbers when revealing a password makes it very difficult to read against the dark grey background color.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass the suggestion for a more contrasting color along. In the mean time it may be helpful to select the large type option instead of reveal.

Ben

• patte
    patte
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben I indeed found a minor thing. If you have a URL in the notes field, it's barely readable in the detail view when using dark mode.
    A simple tweak - a more contrastfull href - of the CSS should help here.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@patte - thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it along to our developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.