1Password X on Safari

I’ve been playing with the beta, and really love it. I’ve also noticed that the 1Password X plugin for Chrome is light years better than the 1Password Mini safari plugin.

Are there any plans to create 1Password X for Safari?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dtearedteare Agile Founder

Team Member

Hello @WolfSnap,

This is a great question. The answer is a bit complicated as the APIs that we rely on in Chrome (and Firefox and Edge) are quite a bit different than what's available in Safari. It should be technically possible to bring 1Password X to Safari but the effort involved is going to be considerably more than the other browsers. As such we're going to focus our efforts on there first.

So long story short: Yes. But not for a while. 🙂

• Hi, let me add my vote for bringing 1Password X to Safari!

• odysseusodysseus Senior Member

@WolfSnap Well, 1Password X for Chrome doesn't seem to work with TouchID on the Mac. Is that impossible, @dteare?

• beyerbeyer

Team Member

@odysseus: We are very passionate about adding the ability to unlock 1Password X with Touch ID as it is not impossible. There are some challenges to doing so, most of which we have already solved. I can't give a firm timeline on when we will see Touch ID support but stay tuned as 2019 is going to be the best year yet for 1Password X! 🎉

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file