Collapsed sidebar should show tooltips

Options
OAW
OAW
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When you collapse the sidebar to icon view hovering the mouse over the icon should show a tooltip with the name of the section. Just a standard usability feature.

1Password Version: Version 7 Beta 16
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.3.5 Beta (17F70a)
Sync Type: 1PW Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@OAW - thanks for the suggestion. We'll be iterating the new sidebar and fine-tuning several aspects as we go, so I'll definitely add your request to the list. :+1:

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

While you are at it please add the ability to manually reorder the sections when using a 1PW account like you can with a 1PW stand-alone license.

• Jacob
    Options

@OAW Which sections are you looking to reorder? It's not possible to change the order of sections in an item in an account or the standalone version as far as I know. You can drag custom fields to reorder them though.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob The "Categories" in the sidebar. And when I had the stand-alone license for 1PW 7 I could re-order them. I did this because the previous "mini" would only show the first 5 categories and you needed to use the "fly out" menu to get to the rest. So I re-ordered them to list "Logins", "Credit Cards", "Identities", "Bank Accounts", and "Social Security Numbers" as my first 5. Because let's face it ... why in the world is "Secure Notes" second in the list by default when it's not fillable information? That has always baffled me because from a usability perspective I would expect the most frequently used fillable items to be listed first. But in any event, as soon as I switched over to the 1PW subscription account I was no longer able to reorder the sections. I opened up a thread about this back on April 9.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/88713/cant-re-arrange-categories-list-when-using-1password-families-account

• Jacob
    Options

Ah okay thanks for clarifying. What MrRooni mentioned in your other thread is the current state of things. He's one of our main Mac developers so your feedback went to the right person. :) We'll keep it in mind going forward.

This discussion has been closed.